Invisible sigs???

ONE80

For some reason I can't see anyone's sig. I don't even see one of those boxes with red x. Its like the sigs aren't even there.

Is this just me?

A program called Zone Labs, but thats it. I don't understand though. My other computer uses the same program, yet the sigs are present when i'm on that one. :confused:

What web browser?

Jay Towns has been having the same problem. I think he said he was using IE though. I don't remember.

**forgot what i was gonna say about mozilla but it wasnt good lmao**

Last edited by a moderator:
IE works fine... It is most likely that Zone Labs set some security settings in your IE, or has some security settings itself

It is unfortunate to see all these "Security" programs reducing people's online UX (User Experience), and see the blame going to IE by "reflex".

I would set things to default levels:

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet > Default Level

Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Medium

IMHO if you have Windows XP SP 2, it comes with a very decent firewall and popup blocker - this is what I use and I *never* get viruses or have any problems.

Furthermore, if you are worried about Trojan horses, adware, etc - you can install this guy which is *free* and works great (even MS critics had nothing bad to say about it!):
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

I hope this helps. Trust my experience, even if my point of view is not popular. It would be much easier to be "cool" and blame Microsoft for everything :)

For email spam filtering I recommend SafetyBar which used to be called SpamNet. We love it here... You pay a subscription (I think it is $3 a month for 2 computers) but it is well worth it: http://www.cloudmark.com

Take care.

I don't blame Microsoft for stuffs... I just don't like IE, personally. (I was always an Opera fan, until they got too big for their own good and started charging for their browser if you wanted the ad-free version... :mad: )Although when it works like I want a web browser to work, it's not bad. I just prefer Firefox, especially the built in pop-up blocker... since it's seamlessly integrated with Firefox and you never see it unless it has to block something (like with every page you view on Soundclick...), it works well for me... I can't get SP2 on my comp, even though I have OEM XP Pro, it says my key's invalid. :confused: I'll get it when I get my new HD I guess. The only times I HAVE to use IE is when I'm doing stuff on Microsoft pages, or I'm listening to streaming music directly from a webpage(like from Win T-I-P's site or Hove's site). For some reason the plugins for Microsoft's WMP don't install on Firefox... same with quicktime and realaudio... they worked for me in 1.0.3 but not in 1.0.4... :confused:

And anyone who hasn't downloaded Microsoft's anti-spyware program needs to download that ASAP... it's very good. I prefer that to Spybot S&D, and I never preferred anything to SS&D before. Especially when it caught like 10 new things SS&D didn't, WHILE IT WAS RUNNING A CHECK ALONGSIDE MICROSOFT'S PROG... grr@spybot.

Ok, that stuff all had nothing to do with the sig problems I don't think. But as far as the sigs, if it's not a blocking prog and it's not your Internet Zone settings, try emptying your cache and deleting the history and the temporary internet files. Who knows there could be something corrupted in there that's causing it, IE used to be notorious for that. Clear out the cookies 'n' stuff and it usually resolves the issue... also, Microsoft's anti-spyware program has an IE Restorer which restores ALL of IE's settings to their defaults(you choose which individual settings to change, or just click "Change All" to completely restore it).

Last edited:
One time I opened up interent exporer by mistake instead of firefox. Im 2 minutes I had 6 alerts from my firewall/antivrus about trojans etc. Never had that with firefox

Carnage said:
One time I opened up interent exporer by mistake instead of firefox. Im 2 minutes I had 6 alerts from my firewall/antivrus about trojans etc. Never had that with firefox

*nods*

Something about Firefox makes viruses run screaming for some reason. Maybe it's just 'cause most worms and trojans are geared towards IE.

I love the tabs on firefox, it makes scanning through threads extra neat. The security is better too. I hate having links open up on new browsers now. I just right click and open a new tab for everything.

Carnage said:

I am pretty sure that those were not trojan horses or virus... I mean 2 minutes? ... I have been using IE for *years* and had NO problem...

I do have firefox as well, so I know about it and can test things, but quite frankly I think that people are OVERreacting about everything right now. These firewalls warn you about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING - and then people blame it on IE. I think it is too easy.

Anyway :)

yeah, the sig's still are not showing up. i use firefox, i've checked all my settings in firefox and in my options in FP. i dunno. i can't even vote in the league because of this problem

Sometime pop-up blockers stop pics from coming up.It mistakes them for pop-ups. You have one running ?

Jay Towns said:
well it had to do with my firewall and security settings in zone alarm. it's fixed now, coo.

I KNEW IT!

These "security" software just mess up with people's online experience...

And unfortunately the reflex is "dont use IE".... MMhhh does not make any sense.

Good you got this working.

Back