Interview with French Head Koder of Aestesis, Q4Mano

i-clan

Hi Mano :) I have been and bought Aestesis after rigorous checking of the demo. i like it. And, i have asked Renan to agree to an email interview. He said yes. I would like to post the article and/or interview on this site. Would you be able to put it in the interviews section, if it was well written enough?>
Aestesis has been downloaded nearly 50, 000 times. It is the Technics 1200 of VJ Apps. :)
I really want to interview this guy, and i think he could provide some groovy pics of parties in Paris too!

His site is www.aestesis.org
Please note - the java applet anim on the front page ain't nothin' like the actual output of the Aestesis app.

This program is awesome, it can animate live footage into beatmatched graphic generations. The subject relates to live dj's and music makers who have a laptop and pc-cam.
Also it uses bmp, avi, fli, and - .SWF!
Keen? hope so. Cool, anyhow, let me know for the yeah or nay.
:)

excellent

sure man, i would be pleased to publish this interview on Futureproducers.com!

As you probably saw with a few other contributed articles, your name (linked to your email or site) will be written at the top, and I will do the last coating of editing on the page if any need), do the layout etc..

just email me the plain text (TXT file is best) along with any image you feel should go in there too (dont optimize them, I do this on my end) at mclement@FutureProducers.com

Looking forward to get your email, thanks again for being a part of all of this!

Hi Mano, this is great :) I'm into it. I reckon i'll interview him after i actually do a gig using Aestesis, next Saturday. Then i'll be more experienced and ask cooler questions. There's a billion questions i could ask hime, but i want to keep it to ten questions.

Cheers, all the best with the site and ur designing.

i-clan

Well, i have emailed Renan the interview questions, so i am hoping it will be fairly soon that i can post it to you Mano.
rain.gif

oh yeh, BTW, did z gig on saturday night, it went reeeally well, and three more offers have sprung up for more VJ work...
spin2.gif

not only but also...a free set of steak knoves!...he eheh nah, actually i am in contact with Denpokoder, head koder of www.eyecore.com, and he is sending me a beta pack (i'll be the 6th person in the world to have one :)) so i will interview him too if the one with Renan is well received.
Renan has yet to reply, but he has said he will, so...these french VJ software writers seem to be all caught up with other coding projects, but i reckon VJing will take off biiig time.

PS - Denpo filled me in that A+ is the french way of saying "seeya!"...

PPS- i got that gig on saturday, by sending the promoters a couple of animated sigs i made for my sigs here at futureproducers :D:D:D

hahaha, funny how it goes eh. I'm going to try the same trick with the promoters of an even bigger event, Transmission. Might have to put a bit more effort in tho'.

Hi Mano, Renan found the time to answer the ten question interview ... it's pretty interesting actually :) ... there are some French-English things that he does, but i didn't fix them ... thought u might be better qualified ;) But actually, most of it reads pretty well.!

Am emailing it now...

hehe im french so i can understand that ;)
TANKS for the emil

mann be patient with me now, because i have this big client taking most of my time. I will try to put it online asap

thanks again man

cheers Mano :) all the best with ur big client ... Renan took a while to answer it because he had a lot to do for some big Coding project.

it'll be cool to see it up there, when the time is right.

:victory:

Actually i have just emailed Renan to ask him for 4 or 5 pics to go with the article interview. I hope he sends me a pic of him using it live at a party, that would be trey-cool !

A+
jasper

good idea
itll take a few more days before i can put the article on the site after editing, thanks for the patience ;)

Yes, lets wait a little while. I really want to include pix from Renan, but failing that, i will make some beauties myself (not just of glorious images i heroically coaxed Aestesis into producing, but screen shot excerpt diagrams of how the thing works, cos' the interface really is very good and intuitive).

cheers,
jasper

Well, Renan has sent me 9 pics, 2 or 3 of them are useable. As a self-promoter he makes a great programmer :D
hehe. so anyway i'll make a coupla pics aswell, and send them to u.

I was going to put up your interview on the site, but I havent received the pictures yet. Let me know if you can email them soon.

-mano

:hello:

Back