Intermittent server issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

calimoose

Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, there are intermittent server issues that may affect access to FutureProducers. These server issues are a result of resource-heavy actions we're taking to improve and protect FP on the long run.

We're constantly surveying our reports, and as soon as we feel all improvements have been made (at which point, no more server issues should occur), we will update everyone on this thread.

We may also occasionally have to close FP (for VERY short periods of time i.e. a couple of minutes) here and there to implement certain updates.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you, and thanks for sticking with us as we do everything we can to improve the quality and security of FutureProducers!

the like|share options for individual posts have disappeared again

is this a deliberate change in the way we acknowledge posts on fp or just another glitch?

One of the changes we've done is remove vbSEO (which included the like/share options, but was no longer supported and was causing security issues) and replaced it with dbSEO. This change had to be done ASAP, but there are options we're exploring to safely and seamlessly reactivate some sort of like/share options.

In the meantime, be patient and I will update you all when we've decided on a solution to pursue.

perhaps a bigger issue

just went to advanced search and the following two error messages are displayed at the top of the page

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

still get search results, but just a heads up

Thanks for the head's up. That's actually no big deal. Just took care of it, basically relates to an issue where a function's declaration wasn't the same as its parent's.

Unfortunately, the guys at vBulletin don't make that change themselves, so every time they make an update and we apply it to FP, the same thing reappears and we have to manually take care of it.

Anyway, all should be good now.

another heads up

something has changed in the way forums are being parsed by the database

the link https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/make-a-better-place/moderator-s-private-lobby/ is what the forum name Moderator's Private Lobby now resolves to

previously it was https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/make-better-place/moderators-private-lobby/

i.e. punctuation marks are being rendered by separation marks "-" and formerly omitted single character/small letter count words are now being included in paths

the reported posts sub forum to the mods lobby is also affected by the change

would not have realised this except that I have the reported posts sub-forum loaded so that I can quickly review past reports/infractions/warnings; after restarting my browser this page generates a basic error message "Page not found"

I can adjust my links at my end but just a heads up that some older bookmarks may no longer work as a result of these changes and the lack of global redirects may also affect the reliability of the site

Last edited:
Our CTO and I spent a lot of time upgrading our security, URL rewrites, and fixing broken links. I didn't work on the private lobby because the broken links occurred when people searched from google, and since the mod's lobby is private I didn't address it (because accessing forums from within the forum was never an issue).

In short, I'll take care of it, but please PM me with this kind of info. This thread was meant to warn about the intermittent server issues which have since been taken care of. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back