If you have no experience producing, read this...

KTFO831

Hello anybody thats bothers to read this. I've been attempting to produce for about 3 years now and I have had little to no success. I thought PRODUCING WAS AS EASY AS GETTING A COMPUTER, A DAW AND JUST USING THE TYPING KEYBOARD AS A PIANO AND THATS IT! The DAW I purchased was FLSTUDIO because IT WAS THE ONLY PROGRAM I HEARD OF. I NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN ANYTHING MORE than simply playing a melody, sequencing it and putting it on a cd to shop around.

Well as you can tell I WAS LAUGHED AT AND HUMILIATED out of countless musical discussions for many years and one day I had enough and thought that MY LACK OF SUCCESS was because I DIDNT HAVE AN MPC OR A KEYBOARD. So I went out and BOUGHT THE FIRST KEYBOARD I EVER HEARD OF which was a roland fantom x8. I SKIMMED THE THOUGH THE MANUAL and got familiar with its BASICS and eventually learned how to sequence an 8 bar melody.

I ran into another problem because I NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN HOW TO SEQUENCE THE SONGS INTO FULL SONGS AND IMPORT THEM INTO A PROGRAM THAT CAN CONVERT THEM INTO MP3. and as you can tell I also NEVER STUDIED ANY TECHNICAL TERMS, NAMES OF CABLES, basically I NEVER RESEARCHED ANYTHING. I blindly went about spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on equipment that MAY OR MAY NOT SUIT MY NEEDS. Three years later to this day, I still do not have much more musical knowledge than I did after about a year of making beats. I've basically wasted 2 years DOING NOTHING to increase my knowledge and skill.

I'm not writing this to throw a pity party, but rather to inform someone that is thinking about getting into producing that if you think making beats is as easy as computerflstudiokeyboard...you are WRONG. Its like saying you want to be a mechanic and you are going to build a beautiful sophisticated car and the only thing you do is go out and get a steering wheel, headlights, a body, a gas pedal, and break. But there are HUNDREDS of little tiny piece and parts to the car that nobody EXCEPT THE PROFESSIONALS and the PEOPLE THAT SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS AND HOURS OF STUDYING KNOW ABOUT. I hope I said this in a way that you can understand.

With all of that said, about a week ago I finally got it through my head after all these years. If I want to be taken seriously and gain respect in the local hip hop scene, I NEED TO HEAVILY STUDY AND RESEARCH the products I have and read the manuals, read every book I can get my hands on, watch every youtube tutorial, improve my piano playing skills, ask every type of music related question on google basically suckup every little tiny piece of information that can be even just SLIGHTLY useful to me. I realized what it takes to become a skilled and professional producer. You have to FULLY 150% DEDICATE YOURSELF, this isnt the type of "hobby" you take litely and be SORT OF into.

I'm here to learn and to hopefully one day in the future help MANY MANY people, because I don't want anyone to go through the long, rough, depressing journey I took because I neglected the LITTLE things, which turned out to be EVERYTHING. Sorry I wrote so much, its just that I wish someone told me ALL of these things before I decided to become a producer.

Hello anybody thats bothers to read this. I've been attempting to produce for about 3 years now and I have had little to no success. I thought PRODUCING WAS AS EASY AS GETTING A COMPUTER, A DAW AND JUST USING THE TYPING KEYBOARD AS A PIANO AND THATS IT! The DAW I purchased was FLSTUDIO because IT WAS THE ONLY PROGRAM I HEARD OF. I NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN ANYTHING MORE than simply playing a melody, sequencing it and putting it on a cd to shop around.

Well as you can tell I WAS LAUGHED AT AND HUMILIATED out of countless musical discussions for many years and one day I had enough and thought that MY LACK OF SUCCESS was because I DIDNT HAVE AN MPC OR A KEYBOARD. So I went out and BOUGHT THE FIRST KEYBOARD I EVER HEARD OF which was a roland fantom x8. I SKIMMED THE THOUGH THE MANUAL and got familiar with its BASICS and eventually learned how to sequence an 8 bar melody.

I ran into another problem because I NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN HOW TO SEQUENCE THE SONGS INTO FULL SONGS AND IMPORT THEM INTO A PROGRAM THAT CAN CONVERT THEM INTO MP3. and as you can tell I also NEVER STUDIED ANY TECHNICAL TERMS, NAMES OF CABLES, basically I NEVER RESEARCHED ANYTHING. I blindly went about spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on equipment that MAY OR MAY NOT SUIT MY NEEDS. Three years later to this day, I still do not have much more musical knowledge than I did after about a year of making beats. I've basically wasted 2 years DOING NOTHING to increase my knowledge and skill.

I'm not writing this to throw a pity party, but rather to inform someone that is thinking about getting into producing that if you think making beats is as easy as computerflstudiokeyboard...you are WRONG. Its like saying you want to be a mechanic and you are going to build a beautiful sophisticated car and the only thing you do is go out and get a steering wheel, headlights, a body, a gas pedal, and break. But there are HUNDREDS of little tiny piece and parts to the car that nobody EXCEPT THE PROFESSIONALS and the PEOPLE THAT SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS AND HOURS OF STUDYING KNOW ABOUT. I hope I said this in a way that you can understand.

With all of that said, about a week ago I finally got it through my head after all these years. If I want to be taken seriously and gain respect in the local hip hop scene, I NEED TO HEAVILY STUDY AND RESEARCH the products I have and read the manuals, read every book I can get my hands on, watch every youtube tutorial, improve my piano playing skills, ask every type of music related question on google basically suckup every little tiny piece of information that can be even just SLIGHTLY useful to me. I realized what it takes to become a skilled and professional producer. You have to FULLY 150% DEDICATE YOURSELF, this isnt the type of "hobby" you take litely and be SORT OF into.

I'm here to learn and to hopefully one day in the future help MANY MANY people, because I don't want anyone to go through the long, rough, depressing journey I took because I neglected the LITTLE things, which turned out to be EVERYTHING. Sorry I wrote so much, its just that I wish someone told me ALL of these things before I decided to become a producer.

it's all part of the learning process man...

no worries...

everybody makes mistakes...and learning a new skill is difficult for most people.

learning from mistakes is one of the best ways to learn.

no worries.
:cheers:

Thanks for the postive words man. Its good to see that there are some kool people here.

And as for the other guy, I didnt join this forum to trade insults with people, I joined so that I can communicate with people that are interested in sharing their knowledge with me.

And the purpose of me posting this was to help someone that does not have very much musical knowledge that is thinking about getting into producing realize that its not going to be an easy journey.

Back