How can we make FP a "Better Place"?

Fair enough, just about everything you wrote is correct. To be fair, I haven't been around for a while, actually haven't been around music at all for a while, can't remember the last time I started Reason... so I can't really say what is wrong here. Are there too many trolls around? Are moderators too strict? Hardly any members discussing music? No battles, no collaborative tapes? I just know, that back in the day, we didn't have someone like bandcoach to explain and analyze to anyone just about every single bit of music theory behind any possible question, so that's already a plus these days. I can't tell why people stopped visiting this site, is it because of too many adverts, because of change in layout (I remember of a massive meltdown when layout was changed) or something else... Xabiton is one of the old heads, and he is right - owners are crap and that's it.
I don't 100% think they are crap I just think they didn't cater to what FP was. Mano (the creator of FP) put so much time energy and effort into this site and it was his passion. You could see his passion in the way the site was handled back in say 2005. He left in 2007 and sold the site to AudioFanzine. They have a lot of different forums and things. I don't think they are bad but I think they do have a bit of hands off let the mods handle it attitude vs Mano who was always on here is what I mean. A lot of people believe I personally own the site to the point where when something goes wrong here I get a bunch of tweets about it. I can usually tell when a more vocal member of the site gets banned because of it and I haven't banned anyone in about a year. Things come and go its the internet I don't sweat it. I come on here once or twice a month for maybe 30 minutes and I go do something else. There is music to be made

Last edited:
I'm a new user and noticed that there is no place to introduce yourself in the forums. It would have been nice to see a sub forum in the respected Genre of music that relates to us where could say a bit about ourselves

This site has been raped by audiofanzine several times and has been thrown into the mud where it resides right now. Forums are still as alive as they where in the past, it's just FP which is messed up. Have a look at Gearslutz, KVR, Reaper forum, etc, they are doing *very* fine. You know, they even have regular members such as Bob Katz, Bob Ludwig, Gear and Plug-in developers and many many many experienced and established artists. Most of these people joined FP years ago, just to be pushed out by Af's disgusting new FP "concept": A SEO landing page for a national link farm ehrm.. "magazine".

Last edited:
I started coming to this site like 3 years ago, but have been away for a time. Its not like it used to be, less traffic, empty threads ect

I think its not the forum alone, but the hip hop world itself. This was a site where you came for samples, kits and vst, but now everyone has those same kits, even beatmakers outside this forum. It makes the forum feel like it (as Djpolair said) it has no purpose, because all knowledge and info on rap is all over the internet.

Last edited:
IDK that it would make the forum better or worse but a rep system would at least make it a little more fun :D

Back