How about a lyricist forum ..?

T

thadon41

Hi guys @ FP ..

I have spent many weeks on FP now gaining all sorts of knowledge,and i respect ya all for that help ..

But i have noticed that this site is ridled with forums for just about everything from ..computers to samplers to DJ'ing ..etc.

My thought is ..it would be cool to have a lyricist forum.
I have been using the thread posted by 'homegrown' ..but this is a battle thread ..where we all just reply to each other in rhyme ..
A lyricist forum could be used not only for ppl to battle it out .. but also for ppl to get feedback on their peoms, songs, ideas etc ..or just to post their work ..

I happen to think that this would be cool, as all of these poet society's are 'full on poetry' and none support MC'ing.

So if the admin guy is reading ..wat ya think?

it sounds cool as you describe it, but i'm not sure it would be enough to make its own forum... there was a couple of suggestions lately and all of them *could* be done within the actual forums. what do you think? thanks for your input

This is true, but while a thread doesnt stay there permenantly, a actual forum dedicated to lyricist's would be, and could be used as sort of a focal point for poets and lyricist's alike .

However ..This is your site and if you feel that there isnt enough demand, or the subject isnt strong enough, then what ever you decide to do as the admin of FP, would be respected .

But please bare in-mind the masses of poets and lyricist's who would treasure such a forum ..

:cheers:

I love your enthusiasm
"Lyricism" would be the name?

This includes singing? Describe it a little more in detail, as you would want it to be. Keep in mind it would be a forum, not a new section of the site, IF it goes thru.

Either way it is good to discuss

Yeah, I think that singing should be there too, ppl have always sung ,since . . . .well since there was ppl ..
but if singers were to post then they would have to have some sort of involvement with the song, other than just singing it, eg:- inspired the songwriter or helped with writing or just providing ideas.this is just my opinion,of course you would get ppl posting all kinds of stuff that they claim is their own, but thats they way it goes ..:)

Im not sure wat you want to hear but, ppl would b able to post rhymes,songs and poems, that they could get feedback on, ppl could give tips to others (beginers), or they could just showcase it for ppl to read, they could also discuss ideas for songs, raps or poems ..or traditionally they could battle between them selves :)

I think that if you decided to create another forum for lyricist's then this would bring another kind of musician to your site, technically you cant call songwriters or poets musicians but with-out them then a song, wouldnt be a song.it would be more of a composition. Back to the point ....
there would be poets,songwriters visiting the site and also MC's from all over , I beleive that this would be the first of its kind, as any other poets forums are based soley on poetry and doent welcome songwriters, and even more MC's ..

Im not sure wat else i can say, but this is my idea.

I could see a lyricist's forum being kinda cool. I don't personally see a place for discussions of that sort anywhere besides everyday chat...

so if I add this LYRICIST forum, people will talk about singing, rapping, the texts themselves, etc..etc..?

Do I get the right idea? because this sounds good to me:)

nice... ok good idea

thadon, one quick thing.. please don't talk about piracy in the forums.. I saw you did and had to delete the thread(s). Just wanted to tell you personally. We cant allow this. If you are curious read the rules (link at the bottom of every page).

Dont take it personal, its the same for everybody :)

The lyricist forum is a good idea. give me a few days and I will put it up.

Actually... not a week... DONE! There you go.

Now... you have to bring over some singers and rappers to fill in some discussions ok? :)

Though keep the contents clean

dats cool mano .. . . soz bout that hole piracy thing, dint read the rules . .

and i will flood that forum wit singers and rappers . . . lol

when i told my frineds about this they agrees to write poems for me ,a d i'll put them on the forum,the new forum will help me a lot. thanx ManOne.:cheers:

Back