hhhhhi

justfine

just registered, though i've been sscouring fine insights from this forum for a little while. i freaking love the crap out of catchy-as-hell hip hop songs and anything that gets people dancing in that perfect bassy, back-beat, syncopated, usually sexual way. i love hip-hop dancing myself, and want this love of dancing to inspire my beats. im using logic pro 9, a midi keyboard, interface, akg mic, trilogy bass module...thats about it! i have a music degree and an art degree and love digital media. love so much music, from cultural field recordings to synthpop to gangsta rap to mozart, debussy, duke ellington, les paul, hindustani and carnatic music, early african american banjo music, early jug bands, bone thugz in harmony, joni mitchell, doowop, motown, soul, R&B, sade, dixieland jazz, 40s/50s country, some opera, stevie wonder, ray charles, lil wayne, 50 cent, tupac, pharrell, feist, ratatat, justice (these are just a few things ive gone through discernable phases of). feel like im too ecclectic for my own good when i go to try to approach writing definite hip hop beats but heyyy its my favorite thing to dance to so ive just got to pursue it.

well thanks for reading and ill continue to enjoy gleaning artifacts of human knowledge here, probably will post some questions, and eventually will have the gumption to post some tracks.

Back