Hello

H

Hinojosa

Hello, my name is David Hinojosa, i live in Mexico. For the last 9 months ive been trying to produce my own rap album, ive been playing piano for 11 years, so i can come up with neat ideas sometimes. I used to have FL which i used for 5 months, before my computer died in an accident, i had to buy a Mac, and started using garageband instead, i like it better, i have remix tools for GB and like it better than Fl, the only thing i miss is the beat making sequencer Fl has. Anyways, ive been working on my album for almost 9 months now. I study and swim, im in IB and in the national selection of swimming, so i dont have lots of time to write stuff, in this 9 months ive been able to create around 100 beats, 60 of them were lost along with my old computer. I want to take my beats to a new level, and thats why im here

Bienvenidos!

Tip: Use the search function before asking a question. People rage when they see the same question being asked over and over!

Bienvenidos!

Tip: Use the search function before asking a question. People rage when they see the same question being asked over and over!

what topics should i search for

are this good keywords to search, i have lots of HW to do and dont have enough time to sift through pages and pages of threads :S

GB vs Fl

GB

Mixing

Hip Hop Production

Best DAW

Depends on what your looking to know! best advice i can give you its try to get as specific as you can! Gb vs fl could show up many diff possibilities and also most of it will be subjectivo.

Well I'm wondering if Garageband will be enough to get pro quality recordings, I'm typing from my phone so I can't provide links
but if I want to achieve similar quality to this songs if you wish you can youtube it or wait a while for the links. But the following are good examples youtube "con el coco rapado","se viste ft gadiel" "cuidau au au" "la reunion de los vaqueros" and "muevete-wisin y yandel". I want to learn how to EQ instead of using presets and how to sing like the artists in the previus examples. And if I should go back to fl or buy something new

As far as quality you can do it in garage band. Quality is related to how good you input chain is (Mix >preamp> etc...) and your output chain (AD?DA > monitors etc..). Besides that using quality samples/ sounds/instruments in the first place is the first step to clean sound!

The only real answer you will get about daws is use watever you feel most comfortable with...

As far as quality you can do it in garage band. Quality is related to how good you input chain is (Mix >preamp> etc...) and your output chain (AD?DA > monitors etc..). Besides that using quality samples/ sounds/instruments in the first place is the first step to clean sound!

The only real answer you will get about daws is use watever you feel most comfortable with...

well, im 16 years old, my gear i basically just my custom mac and a M-Audio Keyboard, and Melodyne. Thats about it :(. But ive seen people with very basic studios that include only a computer and a usb keyboard that can do amazing beats such as this.

***ok no links allowed

youtube "paleta-wisin y yandel"

Back