Gday From Down Under

M

MrRaqqelz

Hey Everybody the name is tom and i am new to these forums and am wanting to to become an electro/house producer.
just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for software and midi controllers and instruments( keyboard )

cheers

Welcome to the forums! For a quick and quite cheap solution (but a powerful combination) I would recommend Reason 4.0, Record and a standard midi controller e.g m-audio keyrig 49.
And ofcourse, a very nice edition to any setup is of course Lemur from JazzMutant.

Last edited:
Yeah i was Looking at the Lemurs awhile back and they look pretty Sweat. Abit over priced for me Atm. but defiantly going to get one once i conjure up abit of money and i was looking at getting a Novation SL Mk II. any thoughts on that?

Novation SL Mk II works really well with quite many DAWs. Only thing I would recommend is to get the one with at least 49 keys.

Oh and just thought i would let you know i bought logic pro 9 and ableton live 8

I'm new to this and from australia also! (that's what downunder means globally right?)

But I've started out using ableton and traktor (producing/Djing) and find that the novation launchpad is invaluable working with ableton... people with akai APC's swear by them... people with monomes swear by them... I have a launchpad and I swear by it - flawless design, feels 'plasticky' at first but for $250 from DJwarehouse in aus it was the best of the 3 midi controllers I have...

Although u NEED another controller for faders/rotaries, I'm thinking a BCR2000 would be good for my setup now :-)

Hey.
Yer im not working so much with Ableton as of yet but will once i get more competent with it but for now Logic Pro is what i have my heart set on but of course I still need to buy a Mini Control

Back