Found A Security Issue While Searching

No malware alert for me

what did it specifically identify as the malware problem (or was it just a general warning)?

Of note there were a few user included links and an image and one audiofanzine insertion link to a review - so unless it is the latter, could only be one of the links which were all soundcloud or facebook or soundclick

NMZzNOJ.png

So, I've had another look and cannot find any link or otherwise reference to coldheat.doitbig.org

maybe the admins will have better luck (seeing as they can look at what is actually on the server in terms of processes and spawned processes)

I don't even get opera's (12.15) alert for malware when I go directly to the site either, which is passing strange.

I may install a separate version of Opera 15 and see if I get the alert (given that chromium is the underlying engine in 15 and beyond)

opera 15 didn't react but it is a piece of sh!te of the first order - every tab opens as its process and most of the changes made are neither intuitive nor useful

they have released Opera 16 so I'll be having a look at that in moment

As for it not being a big deal - if it gets flagged then it is a big deal and needs to be investigated

Found it, it's a member's homepage. You only see the link when you click the username to open the little user related menu, it has a "visit homepage" link. Will inform admins so they'll deal with this.

we should be able to edit the homepage link on the users profile in modcp, particularly as the user has not been active in over 3 years

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

turns out not

maybe super mods can

Not sure if super mods have the right to edit it, but I already pm'd Chater-La about this and it's been taken care of.

Back