Firefox warning for FP

IPM Music

Fremen
To the powers that be.. Just letting you know Firefox is showing FP.com as a reported "Attack Site". Here's the explanation:

What is the current listing status for www.futureproducers.com/forums?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 925 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 6 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-01-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-01-26.Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including bicaherm.com/.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS31216 (BSOCOM), AS8075 (MICROSOFT-CORP-MSN-AS-BLOCK).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.futureproducers.com/forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

thank you have advised admins to check this out

got a pm from another member whose anti-virus sw would not let them access fp because of this report - so is very real in affecting traffic to fp

I'm getting very similar with Safari as of this morning, every page gives me a 'suspected Malware' warning, which I have to OK to proceed.

ive had this report with , avast antivirus, firefox browser, and avira anti virus, this is not good for fp at all .

To access the site now I have to either deceptive the 'warn about fraudulent websites' setting within Safari, or use Firefox. When the warning pops up it gives me the option to view a google diagnostics page, which I copied here - in case it helps. FP seems to be the only site I'm having issues with.

FP_Warning_zpsezmnrfv8.jpg

Guys, thanks for the info and we have been digging into it. Of course there's nothing malicious done on our end. After digging in deeper, it may be connected to certain ad agencies, which we're currently cutting ties with.

It seems the problem is almost resolved. We've been told by Google that we're no longer blacklisted and that Firefox and Chrome should both be working fine. We're taking the necessary measures to make sure our members and our sites are not adversely affected.

Please let me know if Firefox and Chrome do, in fact, work properly for you (they do on my end). We should be running back to normal very soon, and our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences this has caused.

chromium and iceweasel (debian's rebranded firefox) are both working fine, havent had chance to check windows versions

i scan my system daily, im paranoid like that i know, however i had two javascript related viruses today and definetely didnt have them yesterday, so id start scanning your systems if i was you.

We're doing everything we can to zero in on the problem and address it. We've been removed from any google blacklists which were apparently related to a 3rd party ad agency. However, issues may still linger.

Chrome and Firefox users should be OK, but please continue to provide any feedback regarding any lingering issues. The more info we have, the quicker and more effectively we'll be able to address the issue.

Thanks guys, and sorry for any problems this may have caused you

I had the Firefox warning (a couple days ago i think?) but proceeded to the site anyway and afterwards ran a malware bytes and AVG scan, both came up clean. The Firefox warning has gone now.

:cheers:

I had the Firefox warning (a couple days ago i think?) but proceeded to the site anyway and afterwards ran a malware bytes and AVG scan, both came up clean. The Firefox warning has gone now.

:cheers:

That's what we like to hear! We're happy to report that the issues are on Google and Google Ad's end, and there is no risk whatsoever for Users. But as an extra precaution, we've blocked any potentially suspicious material from being shown on our site. So all should be good now for our users, but just in case, let me know if there's anything fishy going on.

Cheers,
CaliMoose

did you get a mea culpa from google or did they just declare it was not your problem and walked away?

did you get a mea culpa from google or did they just declare it was not your problem and walked away?

I don't have the documentation on me, as the team in France is in contact with google over all this craziness and I'm still in California until next week, but I've been told that one of the advertisers provided via Google were to blame, and as such, we've been removed from any and all google blacklists. Additionally, users are not at risk, and should no longer receive any sorts of error messages when on the site, which was the most important thing.

Computer is clear of malware, and the site is loading normally again for me on Firefox.

Awesome news, glad to hear it!

I got this too. It's because somebody posted a link of a website containing malware. 99& of the website is safe and as long as you don't click suspicious links you have nothing to worry about.

seriously did you read the explanations from the admin - googleads linked us to some shonky 3rd party websites then blacklisted us for linking to them - all fixed and google is looking into its advertising systems to ensure that such bad links don't happen again

Back