FAQ forum (mano)

C

captdoobij

i saw this done on another board i check out once in a while. what they did was that they rooted through all the old threads that had a lot of good information about various stuff (products in your case) and moved them to another forum and locked them so that people could only read them.
i think this would help people out who come on here and ask about differences between the types of technic tables, ask about mixers and many other questions which invariably pop up every so often.

if you need help doing this let me know and i could sort through old posts and bookmark the good ones. and if people want, they could do the same and just post up a reply in a new thread with the link to the informative thread and a title stating what the thread discusses. and then someone could just compile all the stuff together.

it could also just serve as a quick refernece for most of us who may need to just look up info on something quickly and dont want to weed through the search results.

hope you get what i meant.

:cheers:

good....

....idea....the search feature works wonders already, but neophitalities can't seem to find the lil button....

i just dont like the search cause i cant search for like pmc or any 3 letter names most of us use. also i cannot figure out how to search for an exact string and not just a post with all 3 words in it.
i seriously think the search button should be the size of the first 2 subject title lines on the message list page so that people know it exists.

-and how come when I want to look up someone's email address, I have to search for posts by them first?

. . .or is there another way:confused:

-oh?

-and if they aren't logged in, how do I ask them for the email address?

-hahahahaaaa<cough>

the 4th button is the members button. same place as the search button. click that and then in the top right of the page that opens up there is an advanced search option. click that and you can search for members.

good idea. it'd stop all the ignrant newbies from asking about vocal remover software over, and over, and OVER again.:monkey:

Mentally unstable or just sick ?

Yeah !
The first FAQ could deal with an explaination to why one internationally recognized institute for study of mental illness intend to use this Everyday Chat Forum as a prime example during their next scheduled convention :eek: :p

i didint read the whole thread (super busy) but i move this thread to THIS SITE since its question regarding the site :)

Re: good....

CyciumX said:
....idea....the search feature works wonders already, but neophitalities can't seem to find the lil button....

Actually, i've had problems with searches. It's a bit of a pain that you can't have a string with less than 4 letters. Looking for info on the stanton RM3 etc... Is there any way that could be changed?

Back