EDM deserves it's own subject line

joey tunez

Subliminalz Music Team
I know we have a "electronic and other music" line but EDM is the next thing and will replace hip hop in the next 5 years. it deserves it's own subject line.

EDM is the next thing and will replace hip hop in the next 5 years.

Although I'm not a fan of hip-hop, it has been on the scene long before electronic music surfaced, so I doubt this will, if ever, happen.

But I think that a sub-forum for showcase and feedback only for electronic music would be a good thing to happen. When I post my music on the proper part of the forum, it just gets lost inside all the hip-hop threads. I think that people that are here to grow as a electronic musician may find this a little frustrating.

EDM was the last thing: if tenured professors are writing books about it in the last decade, then it has to have already had its first coming.

Also, electronic music predates hip-hop by more than a decade.

However, the idea of a new Electronic Music Showcase may have some legs: but then we would have to also have a Reggae Showcase and Rock/Metal Showcase and you-name-my-genre Showcase - let's see what happens in the next few weeks - things like this generally take time to implement as the case has to be made for any change in the structure to satisfy the SEO mavens that there will be no diluting of linkage to the site.

Last edited:
As an electronic musician I would like to see this happening. But I also wouldn't be lying sleepless at night if it didn't. If it does happen, I'm not going to complain about it ;-)

If this sub forum does pop into existence, please don't call it anything EDM, it's such a poor description of electronic music.

Last edited:
Back