It doesn't get anymore newb than me

Jøn

So. Hey, im jon. So anxious to make more music I didn't come here first and get a little more educated.

I wanna make trip hop / industrial

Just bought an AKAI MPK25. allegedly foolishly too.

Haven't even owned it a week let alone figured it out yet to see if it'll help me make what I want.

Little depressed about it and totally intimidated by plug ins? Vsts? Software. Uggghh.

Anyway. Hi. Id appreciate any help.

Software can be intimidating at first, but don't let that get you down. The same goes for anything digital. Once you dedicated even a little time to it, it becomes fun and easy.

I haven't been here that long either, but this site is great. It's active, and has more than enough information to get you started.

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

^That's the hardware board. Im sure they would be glad to answer any questions about your AKAI.

Also, have you given any DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation) any consideration? Like FL Studio, Reason, or Cubase?

Don't return it just because the majority of users don't like it. Use it as extensively as you can, and then if you find it lacking, return it.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Ableton Live, but again, it's just a personal preference.

As far as sampling goes, you can do quite a bit digitally. There are great digital samplers on the market.

If you do end up selling it, I would recommend investing in a full featured DAW and a decent digital sampler. Unless your partial to hardware.

I really am thinking of selling it. What's a digital sampler?

I wanna know more but im like drowning in an ocean of information.

I just want like older nine inch nails type sounds.

Digital samplers are very versatile plug-ins that go directly into your DAW of choice, allowing you to have the abilities of a sampler, without the hardware.

fruity-loops-fpc-drums.jpg

^This is FPC. The sampler that comes with FL Studio. All pads are digital, but can be controlled with any MIDI controllers you might have or buy.

There are plenty of other digital choices, too.

As far as the Nine Inch Nails sound....there are many different approaches.

Post a link to a song of theirs that you like the style of.

It says I can't post links...

Antimatter-Psalms

Sneaker Pimps-Diving

Couldn't find the nin song. But those are ultimately what I wanna make..

Back