About the bots

Ddream

Geez, it seems the thing is getting out of control. Right now there are seven new threads about money transfer (I believe to be illegally). I know the admins work hart to keep things tidy and clean here, but there's something we can do about it?

Delete them and set filters to stop them from operating..

I also use other music forums besides FP, and I really can't see any bot generated thread there. I believe they use those filters, or, if "someone" seems like a bot and/or spammer, then they simply IP Ban it.

true and it is about the activeness of mods as well - on some forums there is a mod in every time zone who is active for a given part of the day and so more gets addressed proactively throughout the day. It takes time but they do get nailed eventually....

Last edited:
I used to mod another popular producer community...see idk how FP does it, but moderators have mod privileges to a certain extent with sections and not all the time the whole board...through something the mod control panel, or thread tools..."at least that's the way vbulletin did it then". Sometimes other moderators can see bad threads, but they can only report them...and the rightful mod to that section has the control over it to delete/archive along with one of the admins who can control everything.

Reported threads get sent to its own section, but not deleted or anything yet...It gets put under review for the admin and mods to discuss if they should delete the thread ban the user etc...so its not always like everyone is slacking sometimes they just cant delete them, and the rightful mod to that section is not online....but like I said I dont know if FP does it that way...

it is exactly how we do this - I am now a global spam mod, with the authority to remove non-music related obvious spam; everything else must be reported and dealt with by the appropriate mod.

Back