20 Posts Requirement to post link removed

Chater-La

We decided to experiment here and remove the requirement to have 20 posts in order to post a link. We found that new members decide to spam the board with 20 posts so they can post their music. This required us to clean up their mess again and again. So maybe they won, but I am not sure what they stand to gain from this if the result is just to come on here to promote their music and not give anything back.

Some have even been so bold to let me know that they don't have time to listen to other people's music and to give feedback. They see FP as some kind of a music feedback service lol.

So I guess it will be up to you, the community to steer these opportunists in the right direction.

Another issue is the spam bots.....we see how they will behave. We may have to revert to previous settings if it gets out of hand.

Peace!

---------- Post added 03-21-2013 at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-20-2013 at 10:49 PM ----------

Apologies but after my generous gesture spammers descended on us from all directions with their cheap phones and shoes. So I reverted to the default setting requiring 5 posts to post a link.

Back