Why Do people say reason 6 has terrible sound quality?

austinerary

Hi guys. Im wondering why people on the web keep saying that reason has terrible sound quality. Are they talking about reason versions before 6? Can i get proffesional sound quality using reason 6? I also have pro tools mp9 but id rather not use rewire or have to import audio into pro tools.

Because you are speaking to idiots who have no idea about music.

EDIT: Answer to your question, yes you can produce professional hits with nothing but Reason.

Last edited:
But of course - the limitations of any daw are in the hands and mind of the user not in the daw - to quote my mechanic/metalworker/woodworker father - "Only a poor tradesman blames their tools or lack of tools for a poor job"

Producing quality product takes time, care and experience regardless of the DAW

Last edited:
Reason users always back up Reason. You can get good sound out of it with a lot of work but can you get industry sound of it? No, thats why it's not industry standard.

haters are gonna hate.......smh at young ones who don't know what industry has done in the past or will be likely to do in the future

Here we go again with your assumptions.. I'm not hating on anything, i like Reason but it's NEVER used in the industry which is were essentially everyone wants their music to go? I know i want my music sounding industry standard and i know it won't and can't be done with Reason. Simple as that. Take your hating bullsh!t somewhere else.

I also guess id rather be considered a hater than someone in denial.

Last edited:
Reason users always back up Reason. You can get good sound out of it with a lot of work but can you get industry sound of it? No, thats why it's not industry standard.

So what is industry standard? Reason has been used on tons of commercial releases. Not even mainly hip hop, but in hip hop, it's heavily used in Dr. Dre's Aftermath circle and by the Black Eyed Peas. Can't get much more "industry" than that.

Not even backing Reason because I use it, I'm running Motu BPM and don't care what it's been used to make.

Last edited:
I didn't say you can't make music with it and never once did i say i didn't like Reason, i can make music with anything. Were all those tracks done in Reason from start to finish (doubt it)? I guess it's just a random reason why most people don't use Reason as their DAW of choice.. Reason is so far behind in technology it's retarded, they just now got it recording audio which is light years behind other Pro Daws..

with all that said, im done here, people use what they want and always will and because this thread was made does not mean i have to agree with everyone that Reason is so kick ass when in my opinion, it's not. They will always be behind..

Maybe one day they will have better tools for working with audio and midi. Version 6 and they still lack the basics of almost every other daw out there and the price of Reason? Ouch!

Last edited:
You can get good sound out of it with a lot of work but can you get industry sound of it? No, thats why it's not industry standard.
You 100% factually said this, you sir were 100% factually wrong.

There's no opinion to the definitive answer that reason has proven time and time again on numerous tracks that it can give an "industry sound". So can a Motif or MPC, and both have less functionality than Reason. There are programs with waaaayyyyyy more functionality than Reason(Studio One, Reaper, Acid Pro, Adobe Audition)that have nothing close to the industry track record of Reason. All undisputable fact.

Be done all you want, you're 100% dead azz wrong to go along with it. No beef, just correcting misinformation, bruh.

Last edited:
Because those people probably don't know how to use synthesizers to make their own sounds and only use stock sounds and presets. The Thor is a beast! I love Reason even though I'm stuck on Logic right now.

Consider this I seen a dude on the sidewalk playing the shit outta some bongos that made me wanna dance, you mean to tell me you can't make good music with a program as sophisticated as Reason GTFOH

I didn't say you can't make music with it and never once did i say i didn't like Reason, i can make music with anything. Were all those tracks done in Reason from start to finish (doubt it)? I guess it's just a random reason why most people don't use Reason as their DAW of choice.. Reason is so far behind in technology it's retarded, they just now got it recording audio which is light years behind other Pro Daws..

with all that said, im done here, people use what they want and always will and because this thread was made does not mean i have to agree with everyone that Reason is so kick ass when in my opinion, it's not. They will always be behind..

Maybe one day they will have better tools for working with audio and midi. Version 6 and they still lack the basics of almost every other daw out there and the price of Reason? Ouch!

What does Reason lack exactly?

^^^Not challenging you, agree with everything you just said actually. Reason falls short to other DAWs in the functionality dept.(which is why we're always told it isn't a DAW while looking like every other DAW to me).

But for the sake of readers who may be confused can you not agree none of these things make Reason a tool incapable of making "INDUSTRY STANDARD" and "QUALITY" Music?

PDC, vst/i support, group tracks, proper midi/audio editing, truely intergated midi controller support i.e. able to control mixer, devices, and transport with just one controller... (i know there is a new controller on the market that can do this but it cost $500... in ableton live... oxygen 61... which cost $170... can control the mixer, devices and transport)...

the list could go on and on... but this is a basic view!!!

Reason has group tracks through, midi and audio editing. and you can control almost anything on Reason with any midi controller(I used an oxygen 49). although it doesn't have Midi out which I find to be a big drawback. It's midi editing is on the same level as ableton so far. I can't say much for it's audio editing because I haven't used Reason 6 outside of just a demo.

However I digress. My question was what does reason lack in that you can't make "Industry Standard" Music.

Audio and midi editting is present as well. Making everything the same velocity, present as well. Controlling anything in reason with knobs or faders is easy as pie. (Some stuff I quote here out of other posts). The fact is, most things haters throw around what Reason can't do, it can do. That it doesn't do midi is also a very vague term. It can export a midi track, import a midi track, it can handle midi signals, that still works!
Some ppl got pissed off at the fact they didn't seem to have the knowledge to do that in Reason and thought it was too hard for them, gave up and give off at Reason at any chance.
Just don't listen to them, ignore them. Reason can do most stuff other DAWs can do, it can do some stuff other DAWs can't do and other DAWs do some stuff Reason can't do.
Basically, anyone giving off at Reason in such a manner saying what it can't do tells more about those persons than Reason. I've seen these comments coming by in a lot more posts and suprisingly, there are almost all wrong except the VST support.

Getting the industry sound out of Reason is possible. You have to have the right knowledge though. Production theory, music theory and know how to accomplish that in Reason. Like knowing the SSL rack.
Anyway, GL. There are some other posts of me around where I give you half a dozen steps to take to get to that point that are pretty straight forward, use the search function of the forum.

Last edited:
Back