What Vst has Steel Drums like in Big Sean's "Guap" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal_Meth

TrillWavez
Really wanting to get my hands on them Steel Drums, if u dont know what sound am talking bout listen to this, in the intro (and throughout the song)

if 3 has it 4 has it

and they are a playable set of samples not just one note on one pan

could be wrong I have so many libraries it may be freebie I picked up at some time in the past - I'll look later on; about to go back to bed and have a nap

however, this should deal with the issue of getting one straight up

KVR: Papaya by Tweakbench - Details, free too.....

I call your rubbish and raise you one!

fairgame.png

I don't have any Battery expansions or special kits (I use Maschine for my drums).
Everything you see in that list is stock.

To make it "playable", just turn "Tracking" on and set a play-range.
It needs a much shorter release and a little sculpting to take out some of the "splash" in order to sound like the one in the video.

However, you could scratch that if you have Komplete and simply use the Steel Drum which comes with the Kontakt Factory Library:

raise1.png

This one sounds much more like the one in the video straight out-of-the-box.
Really wanting to get my hands on them Steel Drums

Every time I hear a rapper over steel drums, I instantly think of Mario Kart 64, racing on the beach.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
those patches are not in Battery 4...

there is no reason to have Battery 1, 2, 3 installed on my machines when Battery 4 is on there...

One more quick correction before this thread is locked down:

You CAN access your Battery 3 Library from Battery 4, which means that anything available in Battery 3 is also available in 4:

bat3.png

Here's the link:
How can I access the BATTERY 3 Library within BATTERY 4?

The screenshot above was included in case the URL for the how-to is changed sometime later on.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
signs of a want-to-be... i owned Komplete since version one... now own Komplete Ultimate 9... owned Battery before i owned Komplete... i also own Battery's Studio Drums... but "only" Battery 4 and the Battery 4 sound library is loaded on my machines... when i looked for the steel drums/pad patches... their were none in the Battery 4 library...

as a long time Native Instrument user... i have owned Reaktor 1 (when it had a dongle), FM7 (not 8), Kontakt 1, Kompakt, etc... but only have the latest version of those instruments on my machines... i.e. whatever is on Komplete Ultimate 9... a matter of fact i brought my first NI stuff when they were sold thru Steinberg...

therefore... if one is working with the latest and greatest... i.e. Battery 4... there are no steel drums/pan patches...

please read my signature again... it is for individuals like yourself... that is why it is there...

but keep trying...

ill be here!!!

Sorry, amigo -- The page comes directly from NI. They've owned Komplete since... well... before you had a chance to buy it. Before you even knew it existed.

As we've established before, whether you're aware of a feature or not has nothing to do with whether it's exists.

Owning something for a long time does not equate to understanding it -- it merely means that you've had an extended opportunity to attempt to understand it.
It's similar to how some old people are foolish -- age doesn't bring wisdom, but rather simply more opportunities to acquire it.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back