What plugins should i get for dance music (EDM)

2krissofficial

i just started making electronic dance music and dubstep. I use logic pro 9 and the only plugin i have at the moment is refx nexus. It is good but i need to expand my sound library. A friend of mine suggested sylenth and omniphere. I was thinking of buying komplete 9. What are your recommendations.

Reminds me how much I miss Sylenth in 64 bit. Fantastic synth but it will dig it's own grave if LennarD doesnt convert it to 64.

Honestly, Sylenth1, Massive, and Nexxus are what the majority of producers use to make their tracks and all the major sounds you hear in top 100 beatport tracks. Once you learn to create your own sounds in Sylenth and Massive you can open a door to limitless possibilities of sounds, and thats the key to anyone trying to make their mark in the industry.

Other really popular but very expensive options are Ti Polar and Moog synths. But often you can achieve the same sounds with the various soft synths listed above.

It's not the synth but what you do with it..........Logic's synth is quite powerful! My favorite EDM & House Producer, Danny J Lewis does wonders using Logic built-ins.........learn to tweak it, I'm sure that it'll do the same thing as those listed above, at no extra cost!

I agree the es2 and few other built-ins in Logic is pretty good and powerful, but it has a sort of plasticy sound to it that i couldn't get over. Sylenth to me has a warmer more rich sound that the built in the plugins in logic cant compete with. To me, you get what you pay for.

i just started making electronic dance music and dubstep. I use logic pro 9 and the only plugin i have at the moment is refx nexus. It is good but i need to expand my sound library. A friend of mine suggested sylenth and omniphere. I was thinking of buying komplete 9. What are your recommendations.
You sound ike you have a ton of power on your hands already why keep going? Is there a specific kind of sound that you don't have that you want to add? If that's the case I would look at expansions for Nexus before buying a completely new instrument.

Reminds me how much I miss Sylenth in 64 bit. Fantastic synth but it will dig it's own grave if LennarD doesnt convert it to 64.
Its 64 bit on PC just not on Mac. I read some where that he would have to overhaul it in order for it to be 64 bit Mac and that is why it hasn't happened yet. Not sure how or why but I read it some where.

Get Sylenth version 2.2 and all the presets you can.
Get Massive and all the presets you can.
Get Synthmaster 2.6 (no additional presets that I know about)

Its 64 bit on PC just not on Mac. I read some where that he would have to overhaul it in order for it to be 64 bit Mac and that is why it hasn't happened yet. Not sure how or why but I read it some where.

He did finally state last November that the OSX 64bit version will come out "hopefully in the first half of 2014".

Hoping and praying for that 64-bit version of Sylenth. It´s the only plug I can´t run in 64 that I really miss.
But all he really did was change the wording from "late 2013" or "by the end of this year" to "early 2014".

Hard to believe this brilliant synth has not got it´s deserved 64-bit version yet.
I am thinking that he has a new synth up his sleeve and that that is the reason for the delay.

Last edited:
if u running 64bit then don't waste your time with sylenth1 yet, although it is my favorite synth. u-he Diva is really good, its probably the cleanest sound I've heard come out of a synth.

Back