What DONT you like about Ableton

Honestly, I love everything about ableton. My first DAW and the only one I feel like I'll ever need. Even with the minor bugs sometimes.

i switched to ableton couple of months ago and yea ableton is complicated when you jump from fl to ableton! i watched propably 50 different ableton tutorials and learned basics but i am still not into everything :D i think that ableton is a good and versatile program for djing and production!

Ableton is kind of all over the place with the interface and where to find what you're looking for. It's good if you take the time to play around with it but it might turn off new users due to the learning curve of learning what does what and how to get it going. It served me well on a live show to trigger loops and whatnot but it isn't the most straight forward program I have used.

I wish adjusting note velocities was a lot easier, more like reason. Can't believe they haven't improved that by now. Not crazy about the GUI, which looks like some kinda freeware project. But it's still a great DAW.

I wish adjusting note velocities was a lot easier, more like reason. Can't believe they haven't improved that by now. Not crazy about the GUI, which looks like some kinda freeware project. But it's still a great DAW.

I don't find anything wrong with changing note velocity, what problems are you experiencing ?

not every song automatically slices/syncs perfectly such as songs from a vinyl rip on an uneven platter or an electronic song where the sequence changes weren't spliced perfectly or have a BPM change. Acapellas are tricky especially when you don't already know the BPM.

something can take it's place especially if Traktor adds more channels or Cubase makes a more nonstop live workflow.

Last edited:
The more I use it the more I love it, but I also notice things that are missing.
Such as the lack of being able to Normalize! Either it doesn't have the option to or I'm super blind.

But, still ableton is awesome in my opinion. The only thing I currently see myself leaving ableton for is Maschine.

Last edited:
The Piano roll/MIDI editing could be better. The manual should come wit a quicktime video or two, cuz a lot of stuff is soooo simple that people may overthink it.

To me almost all software is good to use, Its more about your preference though. I personally like fl studio the best, but I see nothing wrong with using ableton.

Back