Xfer Serum VSTi

How do you find it compares to synthmaster, feature wise?
I always compare everything to synthmaster and synthmaster usually wins.
This time I'm not so sure...
I think synthmaster has:
- better FM +AM (4 modulators and almost every routing pattern that doesn't have feedback)
-better filters,
but
-it looks like it's effects aren't as good (only a limited amount of routing options, and the waveshaping distortion is a bit rudimental)
-it's wavetables aren't as good (only really basic 2-d tables and awkward wave importing, plus you can't 'draw' waves)

How good is serum's sample importing? Does do any granular type stuff?

Last edited:
I bought it. I've spent a little time with it. It's awesome. I'm at work (24 hour shift) and I can't wait to go home and spend some more quality time with Serum. It's so pretty to look at too!

Haven't tried synthmaster, but I guess I'll download a demo of it when I feel like trying it.
I haven't discovered the full Serum yet, I'm more amazed by the detail of creating your own waveforms. :)

I'm gonna get the demo and see how things go with it. If it's good enough, then I guess I'll have a new christmas present.

the ease of use on this thing is amazing. everything seems like it is where its supposed to be. you dont have to hunt for anything like alot of Soft synths out there.

Back