What VST's out there could get me an Alchemist type sound?

GuestUser-

I want to make a beat with an Alchemist feel to it. I don't know any VST's that provide that. Any suggestions?

turntable and vinyl, cds, high quality digital (preferably wav or flac.)

then something to slice samples, something to play them in.

personally i slice in image line edison and my sampler is one small clue poise.

alchemist is a sample based producer he doesn't use virtual synths as far as i know. i'm sure he uses vsts though especially since last i heard he was on the mpc renaissance.

check out the sampling and digging section of this site.

I want to make a beat with an Alchemist feel to it. I don't know any VST's that provide that. Any suggestions?
Well...I feel its more of the types of samples he chooses and how he chops. This beat I posted on YouTube is something I think he'd do. I just put a filter in the beginning.

Just about any plugin can give you an "Alchemist" sound.
If you're looking to pick something new up, you could check out PluginBoutique's sales.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

To those that posted, thank you. I didn't realize that it was a sample based song. So I'm going to try to learn more about sampling. (I haven't done it before)

learn to make beats for years then ask the question.. it's obvious ur new.. he samples so his sound really isn't HIS sound.. it comes down to sample selection and sample chopping

learn to make beats for years then ask the question.. it's obvious ur new.. he samples so his sound really isn't HIS sound.. it comes down to sample selection and sample chopping
Yeah, I'm very new to producing. I didn't know he sampled until I realized from the first post on this thread. But I noticed now, as I posted before. Thanks for the response though!

It's possible to use samples and real synth vst's. Synths may or may not be just as easy depending on how good you are. Synths sell soundbanks for them too that are like picking out a sample pack because your buying something someone else made.

For instance you could buy sylenth1 and go somewhere online to buy presets for it in a soundbank. I made a post on where to go to find those packs at 4 different online stores.

Also if you want sample packs they are there too. here's the link. to the post with all the info. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ng-started/heres-where-buy-sounds-yay-485809/

It ain't about what VST you have, it's all about what he digs and finds for sampling material and how he chops the samples. You can have all the VST's in the world but if you don't have the ear for a good sample (not saying you don't) then the software you have ain't gonna help you. I suggest, if your using strictly software for your beats, to use something like Recycle and Reason. Chop ya samples in recycle then load em up into the Rex player within Reason and find your groove. Like I said though, you gotta know where to dig for great sample material, theres a whole world of undiscovered music out there if you don't look in the same place as a million other producers. Good luck.

Back