VSTi Similar to Sylenth1?

Sequence2

What VSTi's are currently available that are similar to Sylenth1 Feel/ Design. I ask as I have an arsenal of VSTi's/ Synths under my belt (Alchemy, Zebra, Massive, Nexus2, Novation V Station, Access Virus, Sylenth1) and none of them compare to the workflow I can manage with Sylenth1 (Best layout imo).

I'd love to start working with new VSTi's as I hardly touch anything but my virus/ Sylenth1 (Simply because of the design and layout) - but I'd love to have other synths to explore.

Thanks!

Have you checked out Harmor? The interface is very easy to use, and the synth itself is very powerful with all its additive capabilities.
Not to mention the foundational structure of the synth is a little similar to Sylenth1 - it also uses an A and a B-side.

I'm not entirely sure if the layout is anything similar, but Reveal Sound Spire is a really powerful synth similar in sound to Sylenth1, if not better in my opinion. Then there's Sonic Academy's A.N.A.

I'd love to start working with new VSTi's as I hardly touch anything but my virus/ Sylenth1 (Simply because of the design and layout) - but I'd love to have other synths to explore.
Thanks!

Why even bother?

You're basically saying, "I want to explore other synths, as long as they're Sylenth".

You might as well come back when you're actually committed to becoming comfortable with other synths.

You've got an internal conflict between your desire for comfort/familiarity and your desire for novelty.
Any synth that actually does something that Sylenth can't is, by definition, going to have a different workflow.
I mean, sure, there are synths out there with layouts similar to Sylenth's -- but they'll give you basically the exact same sounds, too (if that's the case, what's the point?).

I'm trying not to come off as disrespectful, and I'm not trying to be mean, but it really is that straightforward.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
What VSTi's are currently available that are similar to Sylenth1 Feel/ Design. I ask as I have an arsenal of VSTi's/ Synths under my belt (Alchemy, Zebra, Massive, Nexus2, Novation V Station, Access Virus, Sylenth1) and none of them compare to the workflow I can manage with Sylenth1 (Best layout imo).

Thanks!

don't get make more presets for it or buy some presets for Sylenth

Massive would be the only other Synth to check out
there tons of Massive presets

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!

You've got some of the best synths already, I'd give them another go.

give synth1 a go, its interface might put you off but its a pretty powerful vst when tweaked and has thousands of presets online available for it

Serum

Massive / Serum

I agree. Serum is very diverse. A.N.A. is good.

• Sylenth1 for leads, pads, FX. Not so much chords.
  • Serum for everything
  • A.N.A. for pitch-dropping leads and basses, FX and chord hits

That's what I use 'em for at least. I've had Sylenth1 for about a year, Serum for about three weeks. A.N.A. for about a month. Getting comfortable with A.N.A. Serum is a beast.

--
Tycon

Depends on if you're looking at sounds, UI or capabilities. What are you looking for that Sylenth1 doesn't provide?

Back