Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual MPC

Shnaypster is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Virtual MPC

Sign in to disable this ad
    hi does anyone know of any software i can get...to use as a virtual MPC of some sort dat allows me to configure chops into my keyboard.....would be some ****ing great help...please let me know if you know of anything...!

BlkGost is offline A.K.A Crux
    Thanks
    why don't you try one of the free beat slicers (or you could buy one) chop up the loop, export it to wav (or .rex if your keyboard supports it), and play the chops that way? Or is that not what your looking for.

-M

7thangel is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks
    try the free stuff but if not, check out Guru and Battery

Thanks
    There's a program damn near identical to MPC on Mac, but I always forget the name, I think it's freeware made by some college kids too.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

Shnaypster is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanx...i been trying the free stuff but non of the stuff has an actual mpc like play....im lookin for summin wit those 16 pads that u can assign chops to....like the FL version FPC...i cant use my FL one with my keyboard coz its not legit hence the limitation...so im dying for something similar...even a plugin like the FPC.....im trying loopazoid but it wont piano roll...

breal is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks
    I never use loopazoid but I don't see why you can not use it
    will your piano roll.You can assign notes and it does not have it's own
    sequencer so you should be able to use in a pianoroll

Cameron Thomas is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I dowloaded this program awhile ago but never used it. I believe it's supposed to emulate an MPC OS. I think maybe the 2kxl's. But like the others said Battery, Guru, etc, oh and I believe Ultimate Sound Bank came out with something or have something in the works. I think this MPC Emulator I've uploaded was a beta test. It's freeware though.
    Cameron Thomas Productions

"Let me catch you abusing the culture I adore and I'll come across the hall and get involved"

BlkGost is offline A.K.A Crux
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnaypster
    Thanx...i been trying the free stuff but non of the stuff has an actual mpc like play....im lookin for summin wit those 16 pads that u can assign chops to....like the FL version FPC...i cant use my FL one with my keyboard coz its not legit hence the limitation...so im dying for something similar...even a plugin like the FPC.....im trying loopazoid but it wont piano roll...
    1st off try and ante up and get a legit copy.
    2nd Now I'm confused. Are you looking for a midi trigger pad? Or are you trying to assign the chops to your keyboard but you want the interface (on the computer) to look like a mpc? Or are you trying to move chops to a workstation keyboard?

L. A. Stone is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    In FL, use a Layer channel. Assign any number of samples to different keys and they all will trigger from the midi keyboard or other trigger device on different keys. I just set it up myself to be sure before saying it. I always knew it could be done but I normally use samplers that do this automatically. I'm impressed with FL's layer channel though. Don't get caught up in the visual "16 pads" thing. It's just visual with software. It's just 16 triggers really. With the layer or a VST sampler, you'll be assigning to a virtual keyboard rather than the virtual pads. Same result though. Crack open the manual and wrap your head around layers and you'll be happy to find that what you seek is right under your nose. LOL. FL, the beast.

L. A. Stone is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-pert
    So far no program I use emulates an mpc even close.

The Fruity FPC does okay, but...

the real things the real thing
    LOL. Of course they don't. One is hardware and the other is software. How can a piece of software do anything more than provide the same features? Now if you're saying that you haven't found a piece of software that can provide the same functions as an MPC, then you're definitely wrong. You could put FL Studio up against any hardware sampler.

Quote Originally Posted by X-pert
    How many industry producers use FL studios??? The must be alot...
    Pretty much the same amount that hang around FP and talk nonsense.
    Last edited by L. A. Stone; 06-30-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information