VIDEO: Is The Monome The New MPC For Music Producers?

I don't want to see another live MPC video on FP no more. ^^^^ That's what's up right there. I think I can work one of them joints right there. I see what's going on now plus the fact live keeps every hit on beat. I think I'm having a life changing experience here. Here is a better investment for me.

This looks fun.
[video=youtube;XNLSIwTpTEc&feature=related]video[/video]

Bout to mess with live tonight....all night. I'm amped!

thx for the post.

Ignorance of the object does nothing for you. Calling it "wack" is absurd, if you have never used it before. if you only knew what it was truly capable of

Last edited:
Ignorance of the object does nothing for you. Calling it "wack" is absurd, if you have never used it before. if you only knew what it was truly capable

exactly...its far from wack....actually pretty innovative and functional.

The first person I've ever seen use this thing was DeadMau5. He also uses the Lemur as well.

Flash-in-the-pan performing gear. Just adds a scientific mystic to your performance.

looks fun to mess with but you cant compare a monomone to an mpc

mpd would be a bettter comparison

Last edited:
I don't think it compares to any of these - it's a tabula rasa, more like. It's not a sequencer (even though that's probably its most common form of usage), it's not drum pad - it's just a bank of buttons until you decide how to use it.

And seriously, the first monomes came out in 2006. It's hardly the "new" anymore...

The monome is SICK! What dude said previously is on point. Daedalus is AMAZING on this equipment. Not to mention Derek Vincent Smith from Pretty Lights has been using this forever. New guy on his label Michal Menert just put one together. If you dont understand whats going on, then don't knock it.

Here is a basic example of capabilities. This is as simple of a breakdown as it can get. :cheers: My MPC1000 has nothing on this.

**Since I can't post links yet, hit youtube and search up monome 128 demo. Should be the third vid down, by PressButtonMakeNoise.

Ok, I just figured out how to use the monome. But before I make a beat with it, I'll just build a NASA space shuttle and send myself to mars.

This thread is turning into "how many NASA jokes can I make in one thread"

Makes sense when you think about though right? I mean, they don't let anyone just up and hop in a NASA program. If you'd rather click to sequence, by all means, have at it. This is for innovative production. Much more connection when your fingers are doing the work I feel.

Back