VIDEO: Is The Monome The New MPC For Music Producers?

N.I.BEATS

A monome is a real-time step sequencer made up of a grid of backlit buttons that can be utilized for a number of applications, the most common of which is music performance. They are often used to trigger and retrigger samples or sample sets, but can also be used as a generative instrument that runs self-effecting or self-sufficient patterns, or to control effects and envelopes.

Monome

Last edited:
Staples_Easy_Button-1p3f.png
i wish i could rewire this to be a midi controller

Last edited:
In the future, (2050) maybe?
I would not doubt we would be making beats just by our thoughts in our head.

Last edited:
hmm it appears to be a light art programmer with music playing in the background

or a tool used to communicate with aliens
inday1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yall super late man.....its more of a performance tool than a studio tool though honestly. Once yall start getting into developing a live show with your music..you may understand the usage better. I wouldnt relate it to the MPC at all though...poor comparison

Aren't MPC's used for live shows as well?
Most MPC's are the main drum machine used for live shows over any other drum machine.

Last edited:
^Yeah alot of people use MP's too. I think he's mainly saying the functionality of it & the MPC are nothing alike work flow wise.

[video=youtube;lZ3A5kl_PtE&feature=related]video[/video]

[video=youtube;PmYFOnNtmJU&feature=related]video[/video]

[video=youtube;PmYFOnNtmJU&feature=related]video[/video]

I don't want to see another live MPC video on FP no more. ^^^^ That's what's up right there. I think I can work one of them joints right there. I see what's going on now plus the fact live keeps every hit on beat. I think I'm having a life changing experience here. Here is a better investment for me.

This looks fun.
[video=youtube;XNLSIwTpTEc&feature=related]video[/video]

Bout to mess with live tonight....all night. I'm amped!

Last edited:
Back