No more Camel Audio

Halfnhalf

I can't believe that they have shut up shop. Alchemy, CamelPhat, Camel Crusher and Camel Space are all quality products. Rumor has it that they were working on Alchemy 2...

That's why you gotta buy the software that you like and support the developers. Idk that software piracy is directly to blame for the Camel Audio closing down but i'm sure that it couldn't have helped.

It's a shame.

Idk that software piracy is directly to blame for the Camel Audio closing down but i'm sure that it couldn't have helped.

It's a shame.

I'm sure that piracy didn't help, but I think that it's a minor contributor to the situation. One of the things that I've noticed since starting this is that the VST softsynth and effects market is absolutely saturated for what is quite a niche business - to sell you really need to stand out. Also when you consider the amount of relatively good legitimate freeware and magware synths and plugins available then I think that it leaves some people, especially hobbyists, questioning whether it's actually worth paying out for a commercial product.

Personally I'm going to bung u-he some money in the near future as I get a lot of use out of their freeware softsynths.

Last edited:
Couldn't we at least have had a warning?
If I'd heard they were closing down in 2 weeks, I would have headed over to the site and brought alchemy.

Wait what?! Last time I was in contact with them they were way booked for a year ahead with different projects and everything was going fine...

seems like a total shut down with no news on current holdings or future directions; the ip will probably still remain in the name of the company or its legal successors; unless there is a solid offer to buy them out....

PluginGuru stated on his Facebook page that he had heard some rumors about Spectrasonics possibly buying out Camel Audio.

That would be great if it were true.

Back