Looking for new VST instruments

Ah yes.. I am a big fan of u-He plugins, I use both zebra and Diva extensively but I'm a little bit intimidated by this what seems like a proper modular synth, not like the semi modulations I'm used to.

I belive I will demo it today and take a crash course on modular synthesis.

Well, if you understand the basic signal path of a regular subtractive synth, it should be no problem to patch up Bazille to act like that. Modular just sets you free from the confines of having a fixed signal path...but it's not a different type of synthesis as such.

z3ta+ is a great plugin once you learn how to program it, its saw presets im not a fan of, they sound average at best. used it a lot before but synth1 is my goto plugin for most tasks. superwave performer might be worth a look too

Well, if you understand the basic signal path of a regular subtractive synth, it should be no problem to patch up Bazille to act like that. Modular just sets you free from the confines of having a fixed signal path...but it's not a different type of synthesis as such.

Great, that clears a lot of doubt up for me. I've been looking to get into modular synths anyway, so why not now. :)

z3ta+ is a great plugin once you learn how to program it, its saw presets im not a fan of, they sound average at best. used it a lot before but synth1 is my goto plugin for most tasks. superwave performer might be worth a look too

What makes you go with Synth1? It looks a bit too simple for my liking but.. if it has outstanding sound it wouldn't be a problem, just curious.

I'm currently downloading the z3ta+2 demo, will definitely come back to this thread and tell what my conclusion about all these great suggestions has been.

Alright, thanks man, good looking out!

I have a feeling Christmas may come early to Finland this year. :-)

What makes you go with Synth1? It looks a bit too simple for my liking but.. if it has outstanding sound it wouldn't be a problem, just curious.

im just good at programming it and it dosent hog cpu which is important because im using a low spec system. plugins like nexus would choke up my system where i can load up 10-15 synth1 channels and it works away fine

Last edited:
im just good at programming it and it dosent hog cpu which is important because im using a low spec system. plugins like nexus would choke up my system where i can load up 10-15 synth1 channels and it works away fine

What kind of sounds do you want out of it though? I have a slight feeling we might be after completely different sounds. And a simple oscillator with an envelope, filter and some fx and an lfo just won't cut it to get the sounds that I want. I'm looking more for the kind of stuff that Bazille has to offer, which I am now starting to fall in love with pretty hard! :P

So I have made my decision. Based on not a very long time fiddling around, and absolutely falling in love with this, it's exactly what I was looking for. Something that I didn't already have and extremely capable of making all kinds of juicy sounds I want, I will definitely be getting Bazille. It just fit right into my arsenal.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions, they didn't stand much chance though, the force of Bazille was just too strong, but it has left me with some nice stuff to be looked into more closely for future purposes!

Time to get deep and nerdy!

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Reason 8 demo does work as a Rewire slave. I've been using Rewiring Reason into Ableton lately. I find it to be a pretty potent combo.

Have you ever considered Izotope Iris?

Image Line's Harmor is also very good.

Edit:*I just noticed that you made a decision*

I tried Bazille. I couldn't get into it. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Reason 8 demo does work as a Rewire slave. I've been using Rewiring Reason into Ableton lately. I find it to be a pretty potent combo.

Have you ever considered Izotope Iris?

Image Line's Harmor is also very good.

Edit:*I just noticed that you made a decision*

I tried Bazille. I couldn't get into it. Enjoy :)

Alright that's good to know I'm definitely going to try out Reason 8 for those reasons as well. Just to see if it makes sense to work like that.

Have only briefly heard about Iris at some point but never really looked into it to be honest. And I got Harmor already :)

Yeah this is actually the first modular synth I have tried.. but I can't help myself but love to sit there and patch cables everywhere and produce often very stunning sounds! I'm not going for the total chaos modular sounds but.. damn it's complex! Also I already had a thing for u-He's other synths so perhaps this wasn't so hard to imagine. :P

Back