how many y'all do this?

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
I've picked up some great info on. Forums and YouTube and one thing I understand there are no rules but we all gotta face it a lot of us don't have the cash to go buy a crap load of sound modules and expensive vsts so where forced to shape are own sounds with the tools we have now this is what I wanna know I find myself putting crazy plugins that really weren't ment for the job on certain instruments and using eq to not so much make stuff fit but to make. A new sound, for instance the other day I was messing around with a amp designer on a 808 and boosted the shit outta the mid range and it sounded great but took a lot of resources "CPU". So how many y'all do this? or is it kind of one of those things I'll try to find a sound that already has that sound to it? I'm just curious

This is what I'm doing, all the time. I don't have any expensive vsts, my biggest purchase is synthmaster academic version.

Speaking of using stuff for things it wasn't meant to do, have you discovered waveshaping distortion yet?

A waveshaper can be: a compressor, a gate, a bitcrusher and it can do pretty much every kind of distortion, combined with an eq, so I guess it can be a guitar amp or saturator as well.

I think I pretty much get you.

Looking back I realize I could still be happy with just Ableton Live. Although I have many Waves.com vsts I find often times I still just want to use Ableton. but hey that's variety. Kinda like whatever works is right. But I totally agree that even Ableton alone gives me awesome clear, precise transparent results and on top of that, analog in the end result. At the end of a mix.

One thing I do not regret at all about Waves.com Vsts I bought are the Limiters. very clean.

Back