Good R&B Electric guitar and bass

czeski

Yo guys!

I'm searching for a very good electric guitar and bass VST or something especially for R&B type of beat. Bass is supposed to be like real bass guitar, but - if possible - with option of very realistic slides. It can be for $$$, I'm searching only for the best plugins. Maybe some Kontakt 5 libraries?

Thanks

scarbee basses are my first suggestion for realistic instruments.

However, you need to spend time working with it to get those realistic slides, as it requires meticulous programming to achieve: it is a combination of key-switches and note choices to get them to work

they can also do hammer-ons, pull-offs and harmonics.

You can even force which notes appear on which strings by using key-switches as well, very handy for getting a part to flow like it would on a real bass

as for guitar a much tougher call in my opinion

scarbee funk guitarist will do most of the hard yards for you, but you will still need to know what you want played and have a way into understanding the rhythmic ideas that are embodied in that library

personally I'd play the guitar part myself

Last edited:
I personally have never played with Scarbee VSTs, but in terms of the most realistic bass sounds (and I play bass) I absolutely love Trilian. It's also something that Dr. Dre uses. Be careful, though, because it is 33 GBs, but the sounds are incredible. Check it out on YouTube.

I play bass as well and because I can get a very good emulation of my bass sound using the scarbee libraries for kontakt, 31.4GB of data, I am more than satisfied that it is a good group of libraries to use

I play bass as well and because I can get a very good emulation of my bass sound using the scarbee libraries for kontakt, 31.4GB of data, I am more than satisfied that it is a good group of libraries to use

I've messed around with Kontakt libraries that friends have and they're def amazing - Symphobia 2 is just reckless and I spent more time playing around with all of the sounds than I did actually making music! Scarbee Rickenbacker was also cool, but I didn't get much time with it.

Back