FruityLoops Time Signature Help!

guitarpick8120

Hello all. I just stumbled onto this site looking for help in FruityLoops, and you guys seem to really know your stuff. Here's my question about FruityLoops:

A particular song I'm doing changes time signature quite frequently--3 measures of 3/4, followed by 1 measure of 4/4, and other various changes.

Trying to start, I changed the time sig. to 3/4, made my pattern, and then tried to make a new pattern in 4/4. However, once I change the settings to accomodate pattern #2, pattern #1 becomes 4/4 also.

Any thoughts?

thanks!

(P.S. - if anyone's curious, I'm trying to do a cover of The Stranglers' "Golden Brown."

you sonofabeesh.....

youve stumbled upon FLs one limitation!!!

but im not sure if theres a lot of other apps that could do that either....

the one way I know of you could accomplish this would be this----actually build and export the parts seperately. and then load them back in as samples and join em together.

thats all i can think of.....

unless the new v. of FL can do some fancy stuff i havent discovered yet...

however you CAN automate the bpm.....

peace.

thanks for the help. I was hoping that wouldn't be the only forseeable option, but alas, if i'm forced, i'm forced, aren't i?

thanks anyways... and if you or anyone else you know comes up with an answer, be sure to let me know sometime!

-adio

highkoo said:
youve stumbled upon FLs one limitation!!!

That depends on which version of FL we're talking about. If it's v4+ then it is possible to do withouth much of a problem. From the message though, it sounds like a version prior to 4.

Either way, for those with 4 or newer:

On the Step Sequencer window there is a "LED Display" on the top left corner. This display allows one to adjust the number of beats per measure. Set Pattern 1 to 3 Beats, and Pattern 2 to 4 Beats.

Do not confuse this with the Song Settings options.

FreakBoy said:

That depends on which version of FL we're talking about. If it's v4+ then it is possible to do withouth much of a problem. From the message though, it sounds like a version prior to 4.

Either way, for those with 4 or newer:

On the Step Sequencer window there is a "LED Display" on the top left corner. This display allows one to adjust the number of beats per measure. Set Pattern 1 to 3 Beats, and Pattern 2 to 4 Beats.

Do not confuse this with the Song Settings options.

werd!! so you can assign a count to each pattern in the track serperately? thats fukkin great! ive just started with v5....im sure there will be plenty of nice little surprises like this...

so have they thought of everything in FL5 or what? what are the let-downs?

peace.

Back