Creating a certain sound in Sylenth

Rixterz

Hello,

This View attachment amazing.mp3 audio file is part of a song which I don't know the name of (and really badly want to!). I'd like to, using Sylenth, recreate the sound that is heard at 0:13, 0:16 and 0:18 which kind of sounds like "yaow". It sounds very square-like but I just can't reproduce it.

If anyone knows how to then it'd be greatly appreciated if you would let me know. A screenshot of the correctly-configured A (and B) part(s) would be most useful.

-Rixterz

Actually, I don't think sylenth can make that kind of sound. It sounds like FM to me, so ideally you would use FM8, sytrus, z3ta, but you might be able to use massive or synthmaster.

I've tried to find some tutorials for bass growls using Sytrus but none sound anything like that in the song.

But what is the sound called? It's not a growling bass, and that's the only thing I've found in the way of tutorials

But what is the sound called? It's not a growling bass, and that's the only thing I've found in the way of tutorials
You probably won't find a tutorial for this sound. There isn't a tutorial for every sound in every piece of music ever. You might just have to try and make it yourself. Though it's not a growl bass, the method by which it is made is the same.

If anyone has made a tutorial, it'll probably be one of the seamlessr how to basses, but you might have to search through a bit because there are over 100 of them now...

Back