Are buying drum kits worth it?

I'm releasing a DJ Premier Drum Kit (+mores) soon, (REAL SOUND HE USED) just like my Facebook page to get in touch with the release BXCvc87IQAAX87O.pngwww.facebook.com/lvrbeats

Last edited by a moderator:
Traumah drums at least the kit that I have/had because I have changed computers so many times and probably did not back them up were terrible. They were over processed had all these effects and stuff on the kicks and snares. The hihats and percussive sounds were manageable. Don't believe half the 5 star reviews because they are fake buyers.

Definitely not worth more than $30 and I paid about $70 for. I think it was the guerilla warfare kit. anywho it ain't worth it

I just got Ableton Live 9 a week ago and I haven't touched the kits I've bought, or VSTs for that matter. The stock sounds that come with it are hella good. I'd say learn to tweak your drums and such so you don't spend money but that takes a while to learn. If you're gonna get drum kits, choose any that are mentioned above along with kits from producers themselves like Jake One Snare Jordan kits and the Sledgren packs. Boi-1da drums are awesome free kits, but it seems like every YouTube producer uses those.

Personally, my main thing is to spend a few days or weeks scouring the internet for good free drum machine samples sorted according to the drum machine model name. Most of the good ones aren't manufactured anymore, but their sounds are still around on the internet.

Then I mix and match several different drum machine samples and delete the crappy sounds. It's very labor intensive because usually most people include so many sounds, but after a while it pays off. Then I load up the good sounds, mix them together in ways that I like after tweaking the pitch and pan and render them to new samples and store them.

You can also sample from drum VSTi's and just keep the good ones from those too. A kick here, a snare there, a hat from somewhere else. It's all good once you pool them together. Sometimes I also use impulse responses as abstract snares too.

All the drum kits I ever bought were crap so I just don't buy them anymore.

Back