upgrade or something different

the amphibian

hi all ..
i'm using reason 5 and cant decide whether to upgrade to reason 6 or buy a totally different software ...
i've got a demo of ableton but dont find it as intuitive to use as reason though i do like that it can do alot of things that reason cant ...
i'm only using it for electronic genre's of music
i really like reason and will be sticking with it but dont want to just use reason for everything.... what other demo versions would you recommend i try...(i'm using pc/windows)...
thanks for any feedback in advance ...AL...

upgrade to 6 you will not regret it

hi bandcoach ...your right ...i have upgraded to reason 6 and lovin it and havent had a chance to explore it's capability's yet....thanks......
im also running demo's of ableton and reaper

PS.. you also commented on another question of mine about note repeat ...
i have found a tut online that did exactly what i needed

audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/production/how-to-create-a-beat-repeater-in-reason

its similar to your's and its so simple and i can add automation ....
many thanks for your help and time ....AL...

what about vsti?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

does it have live input and vst recognition? i would recommend using ableton live

if I were looking for vsti and vstfx I'd go to the home of the technology Cubase before I went to ableton or anything else

Reason does not make use of vst's full-stop.

as of Reason 6.5 you can get access to a technology known as RackExtensions (RE's), which bring in 3rd party fx and instruments done Propheadz way rather than half-assed and clunky, as some vst's are........

Back