Top 5 or so VST'S?

XMoneyO

I jus pickt up makn' beats agen and I wus wondern' the top 5 VST's to make like "40", "Illangelo", "DropxLife" beats you know like TheWeeknd, Drake, PARTYNEXTDOOR, dark emo type shxt.

I would honestly suggest looking into the major soft synths on the market.

Sylenth1 is fantastic for creating diverse sounds and its fairly easy to learn how to create your own presets. Alot of your classic sounds in hip hop beats can be made in this software.

Absynth by native instruments is great for pad sounds and ambient sounds that make track unique.

Massive is another staple mark in the soft synth world.

Nexus is great for people who are looking for pre-made presets but its limiting in the long run and costly.

In general, once you buy a vst soft synth you can find pre-set packages tailored to the music your trying to make including hip-hop, trap, etc.

Thank u, this was very helpful, I was juz workn' wit Sytrus before nd like it juz doesn't sound like real sounds.

Yeah dawg, I know what you mean man. I had the same issues with when I tried using the synth sounds that came with logic and abelton. From the second I opened up Sylenth1, I feel in love. The sounds are really powerful and lively. Alot of producers swear by the synth and it honestly gives you everything you need to create your own sounds in an easy way. Just by scrolling through the presets, I've heard sounds used in Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa tracks so its definitely good for making futuristic synthy beats.

I don't know if your into trance or progressive house, but I just finished up some mashups with my bro, and I'm looking for some feedback if your willing to check them out.

https://soundcloud.com/valley-kings/follow-your-dynamics-vk

I like checkt it out dog nd like it was all good to me, I like the like artist you chose because like she sounds similar to Ellie Goulding, I could like imagine dancing with a girl to it and all that, chea.

There's like a ton of vsts you can like use.. Google the same topic and you get like a gazillion hits

Last edited:
for pad type stuff i'd go with camel audio alchemy, they have a free player on the website with something like 1000 presets. the player can play all the packs they sell too if you're not into sound design.

i know i forget them though, knamsaian? i got like Nexus that's bout it.

You forget what you have? You "got like Nexus"?

I'm not helping w/ this thread... sound like you're fishing if you catch my drift.

If you don't have a budget... go to KVRaudio, use the plugin search function, and click Free.. then find all of the great free VSTs that are out there that are more than capable of producing whatever sound you need. Then... start demo'ing other paid-for products that you think may have an edge, and BUY THEM.

I'm not trying to label you, since I don't even know you... but you don't sound like you're looking to buy these products. So... I'm not helping any more than that.

If I have you wrong.. and you ARE looking to do this in a legit way... you're gonna need to post up a budget, and post up what you already have.

Back