Synth in Chris Brown's "Yeah x3"

Aeternitas

Hey guys,

Before you all start telling me to stop emulating and copying and blah blah... i know. Trust me, i know.

I have a client who has asked me to produce a beat for a radio ad, and she specifically wants "the same synth sound as Chris Brown's Yeah x3"....

My issue is slight, but here it is. I work within the Reason 5 environment, and i'm finding it hard (and have always found it hard) to find that BIG synth sound. I know it's there, and perhaps I should make it myself or tweak Thor or something, but i'm on a VERy tight timefram, and just wondering if anyone knows if there is a synth like this in Reason - or how to create one easily.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I <3 you FP Community.

Peace,
J

---------- Post added 07-06-2011 at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-05-2011 at 05:10 PM ----------

Sigh... no reply? What happened to the FP Love?

It's just a euro dance/supersaw synth.

I don't use reason, but get whichever substractive synth is in reason (Thor, I think) and set up a saw oscillator. Turn on unison and have about 8 voices. Detune all of them slightly. Then add some reverb, delay, eq, and compression as necessary.

If you need that BIG sound, make sure to detune enough oscillators and add a decent amount of reverb and compression (try a buss compressor if reason has one) for a thick sound.

Last edited:
ScorchinBeats,

Thank's a million for your advice. I've had a play around with the subtractive synth in Reason and made some magic!

Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Peace!
J

Back