Sylenth1, cpu?

OdomOnTheBeat

I have heard a lot of sylenth's ability to create fat, professional sounds. Even comparing it to the virus, at about 200 usd and ability to design the sounds and absolute control vs nexus2's inability to give any control and more expensive. I am very intrigued in getting sylenth1. My questions is CPU usage. Obviously the main thing I don't want is to buy a plugin and have it click glitch and make my playback and playing live sound like shit. I run XP, I am looking for a good PC that is 32 bit and has a lot of ram, cpu and such so if any suggestions there love to hear it.
I mainly do hip hop, pop, and r&b, some trap if i feel like making something aggressive and simple but mainly those first three are my go to's. I'd like to learn EDM but im not that advanced in production yet.
So all that being said....is Sylenth1 a) worth the money b) friendly to cpu c) designed for more than just trance?

I would say it's worth the money, it is very cpu friendly. It's a bit tricky since there isn't exactly an exact number for cpu usage. But it won't require much. About it being made for more than just electronic music.. Well, that's a bit of a pickle. Most presets in it is highly trance and house oriented but I don't see why you couldn't use it for other genres as well. The question is, what kind of sounds do you want? It's not like there is a particular sound made only for hip-hop or any other genre.

sylenth is one of the most cpu friendly synths. I have a 9 year old pc and I get crackles with a few instances of zebra but I can use over a dozen instances of sylenth alongside other plugins. You can get sounds out of it for most genres. The newer 3rd party banks are the best, as opposed to the older ones or factory banks. Vandalism banks are amazing.

sylenth is the best plugin for cpu in terms of sound vs cpu needed IMO, sounds very good and takes a fraction of the cpu of similar sounding plugins like rob papen predator or cakewalk z3ta2

Sorry if this hurts but here we go.

XP is 32 bit. which can go up to 4 Gbs of RAM. thats about 45 tracks in ableton.

I have Sylenth1 and love it, Its a blast to program sounds from scratch and is really low on CPU. It runs well on Xp with no problems. Try turning your power options to a higher amount for CPU usage to get better and higher.

Sylenth1 can be used great for many apllications. its gets crazy cool. Mainly good for edm, but ive done hip hop on it too that's cool. It is worth the money for sure.

Synthmaster will probably freeze your computer. Rapture proabably too. just saying cuz its big and complex.

If you need more tracks, then hmmm get windows 7 64bit. and pro if u need firewire.

DEALS2BUY.COM has great value deals. check often if you like for a new computer. youll need one homie. :) much love.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have about 10 sylenths open with 4 plugins for EQ, Compressing etc. it will start to crackle.. Although there is another way of getting sylenth for free ;)

If you have about 10 sylenths open with 4 plugins for EQ, Compressing etc. it will start to crackle.. Although there is another way of getting sylenth for free ;)

This will totally depend on the available processing power. 10 Sylenth instances with EQ & compression won't be a problem with even a modestly up-to-date system. And careful with the "free" thing, unless you want to get banned.

I have an Hp envy with AMD A10 with 8gb ram and 1tb hard drive, if i have about 10 sylenths, 5 nexus and 2 massives, with each 4 plugins on the mixer track and 4 on the master channel, i cant run the flp worth a hell. Never buying an hp again thats for sure

Ive done some reviews on Sylenth1 and am avid at sound design on it. Sylenth1 is was really great synth that is totally and mainly probably for that cliché EDM sound that sounds great and plasticky.

Ive done hip hop on Sylenth1 add a saturator. Ive done mildy aggressive stuff, add a saturator.

For more harder sounds that are mild and a lot like Tiesto, I recommend Rapture. Its gnarly good. But the easiest to program by far is Sylenth1. Its a blast and does it well.

Sylenth1 can make drum sounds too. Adjust the decay to small and just that to small. Do the rest at nothing or near there.

Check out deals2buy for computer deals. But HP ENVY QUAD has a good deal at 750 for a 3.4 QUAD. note its important it has to be quad and the cache size matters.

Also I have a dell xps 8500 I put a firewire card in myself it plugs right in when the power is off. EASY to install just slip it in exactly and it slides in. Must be exact in right but its hard to break if your gentle and do it straight.

My firewire card is a Syba black panel, ITs TU chipset but doesn't work on my gear like impact twin seemingly so far but I put it to legacy mode under drivers. Works fine.

DELL XPS 8500, HP ENVY J QUAD EDITION.

Sylenth1 has a happy sound pretty much most of the time without a saturator. BUt Rapture always sounds serious. Also theres Zeta and FM8. Thyere interesting kinda a unique too.

Thanks!!

LennarDigital has never done any promotion or commercial ads of any kind and we see so much positive reactions worldwide. It has been nominated and awarded "Best VST plug-in" for a couple of years now and we're currently working on the 64-bit version.

There's some movement at LennarDigital and we're happy to see it's still so vivid!

There's an educational offer, if you're student in any way and you can provide us with any form of admission proof for an education...there's a 30% discount ;) And we're working on a deal with 32Lives to make it easier to use Sylenth1 in 64bit hosts.

I have heard a lot of sylenth's ability to create fat, professional sounds. Even comparing it to the virus, at about 200 usd and ability to design the sounds and absolute control vs nexus2's inability to give any control and more expensive. I am very intrigued in getting sylenth1. My questions is CPU usage. Obviously the main thing I don't want is to buy a plugin and have it click glitch and make my playback and playing live sound like shit. I run XP, I am looking for a good PC that is 32 bit and has a lot of ram, cpu and such so if any suggestions there love to hear it.
I mainly do hip hop, pop, and r&b, some trap if i feel like making something aggressive and simple but mainly those first three are my go to's. I'd like to learn EDM but im not that advanced in production yet.
So all that being said....is Sylenth1 a) worth the money b) friendly to cpu c) designed for more than just trance?

sylenth1 is the best plugin for your money but I recommend that you get a computer running atleast windows vista or win7

I gave it the number one spot as the best vst of 2014 on my youtube video!

Back