Software based on FM Synthesizers/Chiptunes

M

MK1st

I've been listening to a lot of other genres of music including EDM, IDM, electro etc. and I'm interested in the sounds created based upon older video game style music and chiptunes. Like the early Yuzo Koshiro sound he had on earlier games and Yellow Magic Orchestra. Are there any software programs that simulate these sounds? And can I use them in FL Studio, Cakewalk or Abelton Live (as VSTs)?

I recently bought Operator for Ableton and I really like it. Its on sale for $119 at their shop right now. The Dcam synth squad also has an FM synth that I hear is good but most talk about the mono synth in the squad. I think most people these days use FM 8 by Native Instruments goes for $200 in their store.

I will take a look at those tonight and try it out. Thanks a lot guys.

---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-16-2012 at 07:19 AM ----------

I went to Chipsounds and Norton blocked it immediately. I think it was a virus even. I've been using FM8 instead. Thanks.

Yeah it was plenty odd but I got it sorted out. FM8 suits my needs. Thanks guys.

Back