Programs being used on Macs?

DopeBoy503

I guessing there are probably a lot of people on this forum who use Macs or apples in general.
Which programs do you guys use? I have Logic pro 9 but don't know how to use it yet. I used to record on Adobe Audition 1.5 on my windows, and now I have Adobe Audition CS6, again still learning how to use it.

I guessing there are probably a lot of people on this forum who use Macs or apples in general.
Which programs do you guys use? I have Logic pro 9 but don't know how to use it yet. I used to record on Adobe Audition 1.5 on my windows, and now I have Adobe Audition CS6, again still learning how to use it.

Well, you have one of the strongest programs out there as I have ProTools 8 (Not going to upgrade it works), Reason 5 and Logic Pro 9. Now as for the programs I use to create beats Logic Pro 9 all the way. Learn it and you will become a beast. I have a few videos that will help you with sampling, Rewire on my Youtube channel check them out.

Sampleing with Logic like an MPC but better.

How to use Logic like FL Studio to do your drums using Ultra Beat.

Rewire Logic Pro 9 with Reason 5

If you have any other quesiton ask and I will see what I can do to help as I have been using PT for over 10 years and Logic for about 8 years.

I've used Logic, pro tools and Live and I rank them like this

Ableton - best for electronic only musicians (best midi/audio routing options)
Logic - best for electronic musicians regularly recording live instruments (has options like comping and multiple takes which ableton lacks) - free synths better than abletons
Pro tools - in fairness used by far the least so not that fair to comment. Midi was awkward back when I used it last and it didn't come with any synths

I love ABLETON by far the most, mainly for the difference in work flow. If you're going to make loop based music the session view is a god send

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I'm also gonna say that people make awesome music in all of them, learning is key!

Logic Pro 9 is a beast, It comes with everything you need to make music, score films, etc. You should pick up Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express by David Nahmani. That is hands down the most well written and helpful guide to learning Logic I've ever read. It's really easy to understand and comes with project files that you use to follow the exercises. And best of all, it's really fun compared to reading the manual.

I agree with the guys above, logic is one of those programs that you will continue to learn on.

It's such a complex program with a easy user interface (complex meaning the number things you can do with the program)

I say learn everything you can about Logic it's a awesome program.
I've been using it since v.7 and it has really impressed me as the years progressed.

Back