Problems with ASIO driver on FL Studio 11

Yup.

Install the ASIO drivers,
hook it in,
make sure that Windows is set to use it (in the "Sounds" settings of the Control Panel),
and make sure FL (or whatever DAW you're using) is set to use it (Make sure to select the version of the driver listed under "ASIO Devices" rather than "DirectSound Devices").

Simple as that.

The Germans make Cubase, the VST standard, the ASIO standard, Ableton Live, RME audio interfaces, and all of the NI stuff. Suffice to say that Germany is the heart of the computer-based workflow.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Sweet, I found one from the states that should be about 115 with shipping and duty.
Really appreicate the help man, thanks again.

woaah there what have I missed?? im totally lost with all this audio interface talk seriously...do i NEED one? Im using fl studio and i just ordered a mashine mikro so might be using that daw also. But i want to have access to ALL of my computers sounds so I can play my midi while watching a youtube video for example.

separate audio interface is usually the best way to achieve this - internal soundcards are notoriously tricky to get to do what you want

woaah there what have I missed?? im totally lost with all this audio interface talk seriously...do i NEED one? Im using fl studio and i just ordered a mashine mikro so might be using that daw also. But i want to have access to ALL of my computers sounds so I can play my midi while watching a youtube video for example.

Short answer: Yes. You need one.

For sure, no problem.

I forgot to mention (because I felt it was obvious at the time):
The interface I suggested is intended as a DJ interface and therefore doesn't have any inputs (only outputs). That's how you get all of that quality packed into such a low price point.

I figured that you're just working "in-the-box" making beats and whatnot (not recording vocals, live instruments, etc.), so I assumed that it didn't matter, but I want to make sure you're aware of what you're getting into before you pick it up.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Preciate the help dawg Im a straight noob when it comes to the Technical aspect of Computer Production. Can you suggest any cheap interfaces that will do the job?

Preciate the help dawg Im a straight noob when it comes to the Technical aspect of Computer Production. Can you suggest any cheap interfaces that will do the job?

As long as you don't need inputs (i.e., you're only making beats and won't be recording vocals, instruments, etc.), see the link I shared earlier in the thread.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Awesome post, thank you.
RME and Echo, what price bracket are their cards? I'm at pretty small budget so I might have to look for one of the Multi-Client drivers instead.

Edit: Yuup, out of my price range..

Edit2: I think I found something happy beats.

Support for using ASIO with multiple programs at once - PG Music Forums

I'm gonna try it out.

Hell yeah thanks bro almost didn't see this link but good shitt

Edit: Actually I think thats for using 2 different daws at the same time...Im just trying to access my internet sounds. Its good tho im thinking an interface should cure this.
It gave me some wierd crackling sound when my kicks would hit/sound peaked

Last edited:
Im sorry to beat a dead horse Salem but can you tell me the actual purpose of an audio interface in my case? Im not doing external recording/midi. Just usb controllers,maschine,fl with vsts...

Im sorry to beat a dead horse Salem but can you tell me the actual purpose of an audio interface in my case? Im not doing external recording/midi. Just usb controllers,maschine,fl with vsts...

Higher performance. (You can run more responsive latencies and reduce the incidence of pops/clicks/glitches)

Better Audio Quality. (Integrated soundcards, in my experience, tend to smear the bass range and cut the highs).

-Ki
Salem Beats

alright that sounds amazing. Will it fix my issue with only allowing one source of sound? (No internet sound with FL Running) And can the NI one you suggested allow me to work with both Maschine and FL Standalones?

alright that sounds amazing. Will it fix my issue with only allowing one source of sound? (No internet sound with FL Running) And can the NI one you suggested allow me to work with both Maschine and FL Standalones?

The one I suggested earlier in the the thread should.

-Ki
Salem Beats

thats what happens when u use asio4all. it disables all other audio. there is no work around for your situation. if you had a dedicated audio interface, you wouldnt have that issue. so your just gonna have to deal with it for the time being.

Back