Problem running PT 10 plugins and pre sets after installing PT 11

Yumid

So it isn't really an issue since I will be using 11 anyway, but I am more just curious as to why it happened and what I could do to fix it just incase I need to know in the future.

I had pro tools 10 working fine with all the instruments that come with it etc.. then last night I downloaded pro tools 11 and the instrument pack that came along with it. I am realizing now I probably didnt need to re download the instrument pack as I already had it with ten, but I did anyway just incase there was anything new with 11 (that I am seeing now, there isn't)

It also all default saved to a different spot then last time. When i downloaded PT 10 (macbook) everything default saved to Applications and then nicely inside an AVID folder. When I downloaded PT 11 everything default saved to a folder in My Documents BUT the actual pro tools icon saved in my applications.

So now I have some ugly file management too. All my Pt 10 stuff is in Applications > Avid. and all my PT 11 stuff is saved in My documents BUT the PT11 launch icon is in Applications > Avid (it was originally just in applications but I just moved it into the AVID folder so it was with the PT 10 launch icon)

When i dragged and dropped the PT 11 icon to applications so it would originally install i also dragged the licenses, codec installers, driver installers and the documentation folders into applications with it.

So as of right now i have this as my file management

IN APPLICATIONS
-PT 11 Launch icon
-PT 11 folders x4(Licenses, documentation, driver installers, codec installer)
-Avid Folder containing ALL my PT 10 stuff(grooves, io settings, licenses) including the PT 10 launch icon (plus my pt11 launch icon that i put in there)

IN MY DOCUMENTS
-Pro Tools folder which default saved here (like the pt 10 avid folder with applications) that includes all my pt 11 stuff (grooves, io settings, etc..) BUT the launch icon saved in applications away from this folder.

Also as a side note, i downloaded the free Eventide Ultra channel plugin and that folder also default created itself in MY DOCUMENTS.

anyone see any problems here as to why my presets and instruments aren't working in PT 10 anymore? It cant find mini grand at all, or any pre sets or anything for xpand2.

Everything works in 11, so its not a BIG issue, but I am curious.

Back