Post Your #1 Software Product - What Would You Take On A Desert Island?

I know reacomp, Reaeq and reaxcomp are very nice.

A lot of the other plugins are hindered a lot by really basic things... Like no log scaling on readelay, the frequency splitters or ring modulator, which makes them very fiddly.

The JS plugs, though. ;)

-Ki
Salem Beats

Wow. I got FL and Sytrus came with it, so I never looked at how much it cost individually. Geez.

Yeah,
I bet your previous impression of Sytrus was that it was
that "cheap synth that comes bundled with FL".
Lol.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Although I have already said GTR3, which is still no doubt mind blowing..

Im now chaning to something Ive never tried, HOW about,... FAbfilter.

Im choosing Fabfilter now because of allllllll those possibilities you can choose,
It keeps it interesting and challenging. Much programmability. ANd some gnarly cool sounds. Altough I do wonder ift he spacieness would freak me out on a desert island. hahha that's another story,

Although I have already said GTR3, which is still no doubt mind blowing..

Im now chaning to something Ive never tried, HOW about,... FAbfilter.

Im choosing Fabfilter now because of allllllll those possibilities you can choose,
It keeps it interesting and challenging. Much programmability. ANd some gnarly cool sounds. Altough I do wonder ift he spacieness would freak me out on a desert island. hahha that's another story,

I think you only get like 2 synths if you use Fabfilter as your desert island tools, though...

-Ki
Salem Beats

Having watched a lot of yt tuts, I'm not really bothered about not owning massive or sylenth.
But I do really want sytrus... it's the only synth I've seen which does things synthmaster doesn't.
FM8 too, but the only thing I want that for is because it can be used as an effect.

Yeh. But considering I have one choise. I would pick thee... main Fabfilter synth. Looks hard to program. So should keep me interested A LOT!
Really? Looks really basic and limiting to me...
It's got no FM, no wavetables, barely any onboard FX, no additive-ness and no slope or distortion knobs for the filters.

Last edited:
Yeh, but watch the video. It has drag and drop windows you can add all aorts of things I think, right?

I might be mistaken, ive never worked on it. But it looks creative. (atleast in the video)

Yeh, but watch the video. It has drag and drop windows you can add all aorts of things I think, right?

I might be mistaken, ive never worked on it. But it looks creative. (atleast in the video)

I thought it was just drag and drop assigning envelopes + LFO targets? Really nice for workflow and that but just a shortcut.

I haven't worked on it either, btw, just going by what it looks like.

This would apply to about every classic analog synth ever :D

Ok, there are exceptions but still...

True, pretty much...

I don't get the fetish over analogue gear. I bet all the 80's artists would have used kontact and massive if they'd been around at the time.

i would say Poise is my favorite.

14w7pf.jpg

I would be happy with Sonar, because it comes with one of my favrite synths (Z3ta2), and also has many tools useful for mixing and mastering. But that's on paper, in reality I use other daw with loads of third party vsts.

I wouldn't take software to a desert island cause even if there was a computer, they'd be no power to plug it in.

I wouldn't take software to a desert island cause even if there was a computer, they'd be no power to plug it in.
Wow... good thing you're around. I had my bag packed and everything because I was literally planning to spend my life on a desert island with nothing but a USB stick containing plugins.

Wow... good thing you're around. I had my bag packed and everything because I was literally planning to spend my life on a desert island with nothing but a USB stick containing plugins.
If your software was not preinstalled and on a USB then you wouldn't be able to activate it with no internet even if there were computers.

Back