Please Help...Need Sounds!

Bewar

I am an aspiring artist/producer and I really need some help right about now. I've been looking for some good sounds that I can use to produce with. I have an MPC5000, m-audio midi keyboard, and i have Reason n fl studio....i've got plenty of drum kits but like hardly any piano/violin/guitar type instruments for me to play with. All i can find are loops of sounds that already have their own melodies, however, I want to create my own. Please send me in the right direction so you all can hear some of my music =D.

-Thanks in Advance.

google free piano vst
google free guitar vst
google free organ vst
google free synth vst
google free strings vst
google free etc.....etc..
etc...etc...etc...
very simple my friend
now if you have some money to spend
grab up Nexus VST $300
and
Sylenth 1 $180.00
both have tons of third-party presets and expansion that are free and some that are at a low price
google them and then watch them in action on youtube
if you have FL Studio you have all you need really to start off
Sytrus is great google free Sytrus Presets
Harmless is great google free Harmless Presets
google free Soundfont player
then google free soundfonts
this is the soundfont player I use and it's great but will be buying the FL Studio SoundFont player because it's drag and drop and no directories to look through the find the soundfont I want to use
Fretted Synth Audio Releases SafFronSE SoundFont Synthesizer VSTi - Bedroom Producers Blog

google is your FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and so is youtube to see the VSTs in action

-Coach Antonio

In reason, right mouse click in the rack, create instrument, all instrument patches, choose the instrument that you want to create and start from there.
There's a ton of synths, pianos, violins, guitars, etc.
You can then adjust the knobs and faders of the instrument and/or put filters over those, eq them, layer them, process them and what not to tweak them to your liking.

Read the manuals though. It's pretty basic stuff your trying to figure out.

Check the reason youtube channel.
Propellerhead Software - YouTube

Start with the basic tutorials then move to the 52 reason and record tips.
Only watching em isn't enough. Apart from the question if you fully comprehend them, you won't remember them. Try to rebuild them, practice it in your own creations, etc.
Breaks in between can be filled with the artist features, their great inspiration and you can learn some things from them as well.
Music making month has some pretty hardcore in depth stuff in it, like some of the other sections. Work with the basics and 52 tips first.

Wow, thanks guys...I looked in the Reason Sound Bank and that is just about exactly what I was looking for...I also didn't know that what I was looking for was called VST. Thanks guys...One last question, is there a way I can have my MPC connect through Reason so I can just record my drums and sounds on the mpc/midi keyboard instead of playing it on Reason. So it's basically like this:

Midi 'out': one end of midi cable plugged in on keyboard
Midi 'in' : other end of midi cable plugged in on MPC
USB Firewire running from MPC to laptop w/ Reason

I have an m-box too but it isn't with me at the moment, it's at the studio and I am about 20 mins away with no car but I wanted to get to working on beats now. How would I go about doing this?

and sorry for the stupid questions, I have been writing for quite a while but just now go into producing like a couple of weeks ago. Thanks again.

Last edited:
youtube! search and use key words for whatever you are trying to do, there are tons of tutorials on how to connect diffent equipment.

and yea you can make the most basic preset sounds sound amazing with a few knob twists and effects. good luck

if you have FL Studio and Reason I would say take advantage of the software and use MPC as more of MIDI pad controller with the FL Studio's FPC plug-in
unless you love the workflow of the MPC
if this is the case
get rid of Reason and FL Studio no need for them
best to have a hybrid setup where you are using your software and hardware together

just my opinion the software route is easier/faster/most expandable and using things like a MIDI keyboard and the MPC as a pad controller will get you where you need to be
then just using the MPC as just a MPC

again that's a work-flow issue

-Coach Antonio

Now that I re-read my comment after your post, I think i may have misworded my question....I don't want to use the sounds/drums from the MPC...I wanna use the MPC sorta like a MIDI because I have much better control with making a beat with my hands and touching the pads rather than with reason or fl studio. So my question is: can I use the sounds from reason, while using the pattern of the pads that I hit on the MPC...am I making any sense? again, sorry. I am googling/youtubing also but I am literally just now starting this process by myself.

-Thanks again.

Back