pattern editing in FL studio 10.2

M

macbd420

:victory::victory:hey guys i'm new to fl studio.

i use fl studio 10.2

i made a pattern with a synth, kick, snare, hat.
i can clone patterns in the playlist and even can edit notes to give variations too.

but problem arises when i try to change an arpeggiator in one pattern the arp in other patterns also change.

say, in pattern 1 i have an 'up' arp. in pattern 2 i want it to set to 'down'.

but i can't change in both since change in one pattern seems to affect the other pattern/s as well.

am i missing something? it looks like a basic problem. can anyone help?

thanx in advance.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

n.b. it seems the notes in patterns can be changed but not the parameters in synths?

It would help to know what VST you're using. What you need to do is open another instance of that VST for every new pattern you want to make with it, if you want to change the parameters of the VST at all.

I would have the vst cloned, each with differnt settings. thats just me, I always found i easier that way, and my cpu never dents so im cool with it. I'm the type to have my kicks on pattern one. pattern two would have hats, pattern 3 snare. etc.. synths everything has own pattern. then when i paste them in the songlist to make the song i just stack patterns so they play all together, its hard to explain man but its easier this way in my opinion.
So you could have two differnt vst's loaded up each with the arp setting differnt, make you patters and lay them out in the songlist at different times.. dropouts and hooks and stuff.

Sorry if im confusing you man, if i am, just keep doin what you do LOL good luck man FL is awsome!

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

in a nutshell, what the guy above me said.

Back