Thread: A noob in need

Warcrazy01 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

A noob in need

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello! I am new to the forums and a relatively new producer. I recently got some M-Audio BX5D2 monitors and I am having a bit of trouble with them. I have them hooked into a Tascam US-1800 and from there into my PC. When I turn everything on and get it all going, the monitors work and everything is fine until I try to use FL Studio or basically anything else besides YouTube or iTunes. To fix the problem I pretty much have to shutdown my PC but that always leads to problems (actually has led to the BLoD a few times). I was wondering what my problem is. Is it the interfaces drivers? Is it the interface? I don't really know what I am doing wrong at this point.

If this is in the wrong thread I apologize but I am a new member to the forums and haven't seen any other suitable threads.

ColtonLava is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    When you open FL studios, go to options and click audio settings, assuming that you're using FL studio 10 (which is what I'm using) the first dropdown box is your audio drivers, make sure your Tascam audio driver is selected and that should hopefully do the trick. Hope it helps, I know how frustrating it is when shit doesn't work

deafproofbeats is offline Dayton Manning
    Thanks
    You need to use the ASIO 4 ALL drivers and make sure that you have nothing else open at the same time as FLStudio for best results.

krushing is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deafproofbeats View Post
    You need to use the ASIO 4 ALL drivers and make sure that you have nothing else open at the same time as FLStudio for best results.
    No, you don't. Asio4All is mainly designed for people with stock, built-in interfaces - you should always use the device's own dedicated drivers is possible.

Thread Information