None of my plugins can be found... : -(

U

UpnComer

Edit, problem solved!! I changed my vst extra search folder under settings > file> and it worked!! but, i still would like to know why there is a program file called (86), .. i have no idea what it stands for...thanks FP, ... and under which one should i install the vsts?? Thank you very much!!

i Ive had this dell dimension for about 8 years..i had all my stuff on it, and now my sister just gave me a laptop, ... its a hp its pretty nice, .... i odnt know if my old pc was a 32 bit or a 64 bit, this laptop is 64 bit, .... and, when it installs vst's it wants to install them in the program files (86) folder, .... now its got 2 program file folders, one is (86) and the other is just normal.. why is there 2 of em and which folder should my vst plugins be in because wen i open up a project in FL is says my plugins cannot be found, this is strange i never had this problem so what should i do? Im open to anything and ill be up all night trying to get this to work... holler at me yall, ... peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
simple really

windows 64 bit versions automatically create a 32 bit folder (x86) and a 64 bit folder. When installing software to the machine it puts them where it thinks they belong based on profile information - sometimes it gets that wrong

you just need to understand what and why and things will be cool

Last edited:
simple really

windows 64 bit versions automatically create a 32 bit folder (x86) and a 64 bit folder. When installing software to the machine it puts them where it thinks they belong based on profile information - sometimes it gets that wrong

you just need to understand what and why and things will be cool

well, how do i tell fl studio to search for plug-ins?? it can only search one folder right? its not finding anything i install... and then sometimes when it does theres like 4 instances or Harmor

right now im using the regular program files folder for my VSTPlugins... thats where all the dll's go and whatnot. and maybe i'll use the vst plugins EXTRA search folder for Program Files (86)... this is hard to get used to, ... what does 86 stand for anyway? Thanks Bandcoach for your help brother, .... its very much appreciated...:-) lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
you set your search folder for the C:\ drive - this way it recursively searches each and every folder - it will take much longer but it will find everything

you set your search folder for the C:\ drive - this way it recursively searches each and every folder - it will take much longer but it will find everything

do you know where i find the search folder?

to quote you

"I changed my vst extra search folder under settings > file> and it worked!!"

Back