no library in FM8 or Massive

nismoasfuh

so i updated massive and fm8 (not absynth yet) so that i can run them in logic pro X (only hosts 64 bit)
it works fine but i literally have no sounds in the library, theres the browser in fm8 but if i click on anything i get nothing.. same with massive, nothing loads, nothing at all. no factory library is there for either. so i decided to just download some for both fm8 and massive. the files i have downloaded are .ksd files, as well as .nfm8 9fm8) files, and .nmsv files (massive) now my question is how do i load these files? the only way it seems for me to load them is with the au plugin open i click on file/open sound/choose file. and i can't even choose more than one. And I have to do that one by one. So do i need to put these files somewhere? maybe in my application support files under native instruments? maybe in the shared sounds? i just don't know and would love someone to clarify this for me. its really frustrating having these plug ins as well as having sounds for them but not being able to cycle through them in the plug ins. Im hoping someone can help me and direct me as far as where placing these files go.

If you haven't figured it out yet, i am using a mac.

thankyou!

leave theme where they are and just force the two plug-ins to search the whole drive to find their sound again

in FM8 go to

File
select the options menu option
click on the database tab
add the current location of the sound/patch folder
rebuild the db
fixed

similar for massive

thank you so much!

- so is it best for me to keep track of my own fm8/massive/absynth files? like make my own folder on my mac for them and place all the files in there so i don't have to add multiple libraries when loading my databases?

best to search the whole drive (add the top level of the hard drive to do this - it will take longer but you will find every sound that can be used in the program/plug-in) than to move stuff around - the programs that drop their folders are likely to be unforgiving for moving them, particularly if they write the locations to a registry entry

Back