Midi working in standalone vst but not Ableton?

t.jzzz

Hey guys,
I have a windows 7,
32 bit ableton 9 and vsts.

So it seems like there is a problem with midi detection.
In ableton, when I press my computer keyboard, I can see the midi signal rising.
However, when I connect my Korg R3 synth through usb, no midi signal goes through.

I have checked in the midi sync settings but it doesn't seem to be working.

What is more interesting is in the vst's as standalone, my Korg R3 can works fine, but just not in ableton.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
t.jzzz

You might want to check the track in Ableton. There should be a pull down box just to the left of the yellow box (track activator). Make sure that it is either set to your Korg R3 or that it says "All Ins". If you can't see anything there, go to "View" and make sure that In/Out is checked so you can see it in Ableton. Hopefully this helps...

*note, I have Ableton Live 8 so it might be slightly different but I believe the basic idea is the same

You might want to check the track in Ableton. There should be a pull down box just to the left of the yellow box (track activator). Make sure that it is either set to your Korg R3 or that it says "All Ins". If you can't see anything there, go to "View" and make sure that In/Out is checked so you can see it in Ableton. Hopefully this helps...

*note, I have Ableton Live 8 so it might be slightly different but I believe the basic idea is the same

Hey Funk Junkie,
thanks for your response.
however, even with all ins, it doesn't seem to detect any signal from my korg (computer keyboard signal went through for midi)

I also wanted to say that, I installed the 64bit version of ableton 9 and my Korg was detected fine, however,
most of my plugins are 32 bit.

I could just use the 64bit version of ableton and bridge my vsts but whats bothering me is I don't think 32 bit should be incapable of
using my Korg.

Last edited:
Back