Maschine, MPK49, and M-audio Fast track pro

Skeez!

I just updated my audio interface to the m-audio fast track pro. Since updating when I open any DAW it's not reading my MPK49 keyboard for some reason. When I open Maschine it doesn't see it anymore. I have the mpk49 connected to my macbook pro via m-audio uno sport (which is usb). The operating system I'm running is a mac osx 10.6.3. Does anybody know why maschine isn't seeing my keyboard now?

Can't say I know the answer right off, but two questions: 1) why still on 10.6.3? & 2) why are you using the MPK through another USB/MIDI interface (considering the MPK already has one of its own)?

I just haven't updated. I got the mpk connected because you have to. It's the uni sport that connects to your midi ports on the back of keyboard and then it has usb end that connects to your computer's usb port.

I got the mpk connected because you have to. It's the uni sport that connects to your midi ports on the back of keyboard and then it has usb end that connects to your computer's usb port.

What do you think the USB port on the MPK itself is for then? :) No, you don't have to use a separate MIDI to USB interface - just plug it straight up USB from the MPK to USB on the computer. The regular MIDI ports on the MPK are more for other, non-USB devices like a synth module.

Oh ok. I'll try it that way. I just had an old school keyboard that I use to use that didn't have a usb port. That's why I'm so used to using the uno sport. My DAW will probably be able to see my keyboard then......I hope. Thanks

Back