Looking for a marching snare sound...

A

A1 Productions

I've been looking everywhere for a good marching snare sound kinda like this one used in J. Cole x Rise & Shine. Should come in around 0:44. I'm not expecting it too sound exactly alike just similar. Thanks in advance.
J. Cole - Rise And Shine - YouTube

If you have nexus/ dance orchestra you could use marching drums patch. Record it and cut out snare roll. You could also use orchestra drums patch. You would have to sequence your own drum roll but it wouldn't be to hard.

Wheres the one from the intro of Round of Applaude before the beat drops? Nexus?
I have no idea. The ones I've mentions are just ones I remember browsing but I haven't needed a sound like that. The marching drums patch loop.... the beat drops then the snare rolls. You could chop a few different snare sounds from that. I have sampletank also and I think there is a kit with one shot snare rolls also.

You're in luck, I know exactly what you're looking for haha.

You want Tonehammer High School Drum Corps. That should be exactly what you want. Tonehammer is no longer in business, but it looks like you can purchase it from SOUNDIRON
Drumcorps

Also... Cinesamples has a free military snare available on their website. Free Kontakt library. I just downloaded it. Haven't tested it out yet to see how it sounds, but all of their stuff is amazing. And it's like 1GB large... so there's no way they half-assed it!! haha.

Enjoy! Hope these help.

Last edited by a moderator:
might also try VDL - Virtual Drum Line - some of which is available in the Kontakt factory library

or

Garritan Concert and Marching Band

Last edited:
Back